Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will keep posting this..

Hey guys,

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. With the Viper the crooks know you know they are breaking into it as it pages you and it shows you they have opened the door versus just someone bumping into it. The crooks are not stupid, they will move onto another truck versus deal with you and your viper and the Ravelco is going to shut them down and they know it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

Comment

Build the wall!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado87 View Post
        Most of the time they don't want the truck, just the easy target stuff (guns) inside. On the fords you can take the door panel off and disable the key locking device all together and just use the key pad. Or you can even buy a back door handle with out a key hole and place it on the front door. Thieves will see this and move on to the easier target a few spaces down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This is what I did after my 6 month new F250 was broken into.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
          Ha.. what would you call Houston?
          Even worse

Comment

Why doesn't the sheriffs DP set up a sting and park a jacked up, chromed out 7.3 with someone laying under the bed cover with a fostech and put an end to this BS!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
              Why doesn't the sheriffs DP set up a sting and park a jacked up, chromed out 7.3 with someone laying under the bed cover with a fostech and put an end to this BS!
              Mainly a manpower issue. Take a look at the size of that parking lot and look at all of the F-250s scattered everywhere. In order to run an operation like that you need a ton of plainclothes guys and a few marked cars for a takedown. Many times you will sit for a day and the burglars either went across the street that day or hit on the other side of the parking lot you were watching. The guys that break into these vehicles get into them with a screwdriver as fast as you and I get in with a key. In a busy parking lot it is tough to see someone enter a vehicle with a screwdriver unless you see them driving the lot first and get out of their vehicle. There are much more effective ways of arresting the same people without tying up a bunch of resources. There are very few consequences for breaking into cars within the criminal justice system.

Comment

San Antonio Police DO NOT CARE. They are understaffed. It took two hours for an officer to show up to a wreck my wife was involved in last month. She was hit by an illegal that had no DL. They did NOTHING to him and let him go. We both work in SA and are desperately wanting out of this area. If you are in SA, NO MATTER WHERE, you are at risk of much more than a vehicle burglary.

Comment

i had mine replaced where there was no key hole, they also make a metal plate that goes behind the lock unit its very easy to pop that open from the outside.

both cost me a few hundred dollars and seemed to be the best way to fix that very weak entry point

Comment

I would park it back over there and wait on a thief if that area is the hotspot. Would not bother me at all to bust a few of these idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                      Makes me want to stay away from Fords
                      X2

Certain race in SA that keeps doing this. Give a few a bullet or Let Trump handle it

Comment

I wouldn't say that Police don't care, it stinks that your wife had to wait 2 hrs but if no one is injured you are a very low priority call. Police are completely overwhelmed with crime. People need to remember that everyday in every big city there are hundreds if not thousands of people that get up and their job is to go out and steal. They need much stiffer penalties. We had a bait car set up and within 2 hrs it was hit. They caught the guy 3 blocks away. IT WAS HIS 22nd ARREST FOR CAR BURGLARY. 22 arrest and still on the streets. This is not a police problem, its a citizen problem. Public officials have to be held accountable and too many people keep voting in the same sorry people.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                          They actually do (not the lying under the bed cover bit. lol). Burglary of a vehicle is a misdemeanor. It will never be a first time felony again. You would have to build a tad more (tons) of jails to keep all the guys getting hard time, after their 5th 6th or 20th arrest.

Your lawmakers, not your police look at property crime as a devalued level of criminal activity and have for many years. They dont want the issue of jail overcrowding, taxation to build more jails, housing and feeding more convicted felons, to impact their next election cycle. And DA's dont want to take on hundreds of new felony cases in their courts. They might a harder time keeping their conviction rates high for their re-elections.

You can enhance it after each "conviction" (Not just an arrest) and over time should net them some longer sentences, but not hard enough to deter those who want to keep doing it. And keep in mind, most dont get caught very often. So the risk is worth the reward for them to steal our stuff.

Little excerpt from an article I saved recently. But sums up why they State chose to reduce the penalty grade for BMV.

"For many years, car burglary was a third-degree felony in the state of Texas punishable by two to 10 years in prison. In 1994, the Texas Legislature reduced it to a Class A misdemeanor. Lawmakers said at the time that they were doing so to clear space for violent offenders in the state's jails and prisons"

Comment

That sucks

Comment

We will be driving a 2016 ford f150 quad cab 4x4. Would be a shame for someone to risk their lives over a gun or 3.

Comment

Originally posted by d1rich1 View Post
                                Makes me want to stay away from Fords
                                Chevy and dodge are just as easy

Comment

Working...
                                X