No announcement yet.

New Hog Hunting Spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang! That sucks, but at least it was just the roof, and not something like it ripped a hole in the top of the trailer then rained 10"!!!!

Get the tree off and beat it back into shape as best you can.

Bisch

Comment

That sucks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        Dang! That sucks, but at least it was just the roof, and not something like it ripped a hole in the top of the trailer then rained 10"!!!!

Get the tree off and beat it back into shape as best you can.

Bisch

Yeah could have been a lot worse!! Tres guy is coming Monday to get the tree off, then I'll see what I can do with the cover. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That stinks!

Comment

New Hog Hunting Spot

I can't complain though. My FIL gave me that camper and he had the cover built back when he was using it. So I have literally no money tied up in it. Still sucks but at least the camper wasn't damaged!! The cover is only a year old though!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              Yeah could have been a lot worse!! Tres guy is coming Monday to get the tree off, then I'll see what I can do with the cover. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

If your tree guy is like mine, he'll fix the roof for a case of beer.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                If your tree guy is like mine, he'll fix the roof for a case of beer.

Haha that's a definite possibility with this guy!!

Comment

I got the tree off the camper cover and I don't think it's even going to leak!! So that's good. But I work tonight then I'm off until Wednesday, and unless the weather changes it looks like it's gonna rain the entire time. Was really wanting to hunt!!

Comment

Good news about the cover. I haven't figured out hogs all that well, but this damp, cool weather had the deer, rabbits, and squirrels moving alot during the breaks today near us.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet it will have the pigs moving too!! I'm kicking it around now. Not sure whether I want to hog hunt or go catch some channel cats. But I'm about to do one or the other!!

Comment

Fishing won out today lol. I caught a mess of channel cats. Maybe tomorrow.

Comment

A win is still a win even if you didn't use your bow!

Comment

Lol true!! I kept 7 good eaters. I got broke off a couple times and lost a good one at the bank. The river is up and the cats are in the creeks. Makes it hard for me to focus on anything other than fishing!!

But if it's not raining tomorrow evening I'll try to stick a pig!!

Comment

I had an interesting day yesterday. I came about as close to getting hurt really bad as you can get and walk away from it. I was moving a 17ft ladder stand that had been on the same tree for years, and the strap broke right at the top with me at the top of the stand, standing on the ladder. I had put another strap about halfway up and sucked the ladder into the tree, because I was going to take that top strap off anyway. I just wasn't ready when it broke, and the entire top end swung off the tree to my left. I was able to catch the tree with my right hand and pull the stand back in, but it almost threw me off. I somehow managed to pull the back of the stand back in where it was supposed to be on the tree, and with the other strap I had put on somewhat holding it in place carefully climbed down. Not something I ever want to experience again. I did hunt yesterday evening, but didn't see any pigs. I had planned to do a live hunt, but I was kinda sick and just thankful to be intact!! I'm going to hunt this evening though and I'll go live on this one!! It's crazy how fast things happen.

Comment

It always surprises me how a mundane task can get dangerous in a hurry. Be careful out there brother and good hunting!

Richard.

Comment

Working...
                                X