Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help selecting a camera(s)

Hello,

First let me admit that my knowledge of photography is limited. I don't know what an F stop is, and basically I am afraid of just about any manual setting.

I am looking at getting a new digital camera in the $400 range. I currently have an older Sony Cybershot 3.2 mp camera. And I like the way it operates (easy). I would love to find a camera that operates just as easy (auto everything), with a decent zoom, higher resolution... but here's the kicker.... doesnt make any noise when you first turn it on. My Sony sounds like a machine gun tourette swinging into place when you fisrt turn it on.

I want to be able to carry this with me into my blinds, and use without spooking a deer at 30 yards. Any sugestions?

Thanks

I bought a refurbished NIkon D40 for $350. A memory card (assume sony uses memory stick) and a UV filter (Clear protects the lens) and you are right at your budget. Not much zoom with the kit lens but works well on auto mode, is silent and takes great pictures. Also, check the classifieds. There was a Nikon P80. Don't know anything about it, but may be a good deal.

Comment

I agree on a D40. They are great for the price and you can easily learn on it.

Comment

Buy the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It will help you a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillybgigem View Post
          Buy the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. It will help you a lot.
          X2
          Got it in the mail last night. Thumbed through it and looks like it will be an awesome teaching too.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys!

Comment

Working...
            X