AntlerMax or RecordRack? or other types of Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
    You will get a hundred different answers to this question...all proteins are not the same...the Ag dept only requires certain items that need to be on the packages so that is all you will find, but there are more minerals and such that each manufacturer adds to their blend. I can tell you first hand just because the deer are eating it fast doesn't mean that they are getting the most out of it. Some of the folks have opinions on the proteins out there but they might not know all the answers.
    Talk to the folks that make the protein. If they won't spend time answering your questions don't buy it.
    I know that L/E will have Ronnie or Charles, talk to you and they will also provide a biologist to come to your place and talk to you about your habitat on your place you have or are hunting. That's customer service to me....
    Fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Roasted soybeans. 16% protein and they will eat them year-round.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
        Where can you find these at?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
          If you can find it. Id love to feed it if I could find it between tomball and crockett

Comment

I can say that I tried both and it APPEARS as though the like the Antler Max better. Prolly cause it was $2 more per bag where I get it!

Comment

Who has the best prices on Antler Max, L&E or even DD south of San Antonio?

Comment

Originally posted by BaseKAM36 View Post
                x2

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  x2

We also feed the roasted soybean/corn mix out of free choice feeders as well as well. We buy ours at Waller Rice Drier in Waller. I just stop by on the way to the ranch and load it in the truck and head out.

We use the blend that is 20% …………..we can get it mixed from 16% ($9 and some change per bag) up to 22% ($12 and some change per bag)

The 20% costs us $10.80 per bag I believe

Comment

I get mine in Diboll at Pouland’s feed store. I asked them to keep some in stock. Your local feed store can get it for you. You can use it in free choice or a timed feeder. What I like about it is I do not have to worry about is a feeder full of protein when the deer stop hitting it in late summer. And, it does not turn to mush when it is humid. Plus, it also makes for great hand corning. I use the corn/soybean mix.

The only way I would go back to regular protein is if I could no longer find this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      Lysse&Eckel is about as good as it gets. I use Antler Plus out here in Sonora because there is no L&E close. The deer eat the Antler Plus plenty fast enough!!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      This^^

We use antlers plus 20% in East Texas because its always in stock don't like to change it up. Not sure if it even matters anymore they eat it so fast.

I use Lesse & Eckel in San Saba and they clean them out just as fast.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        L&E

Cottonseed is cheaper and as good or better than any protein pellet. IMO
                        I have a hard time getting the cottonseed to throw out of the feeder. I think I'm going to add some pea gravel to help move the cotton seeds down the funnel. Even then, it clogs up in the varmint cage.

Lysse&Eckel's for me out in the Llano area. We have good forbes and browse on the ranch, so supplementing is only for rack growth and healthier fawns/doe. Hoping for a mega fawn one day!! This is our 2nd year on L/E and wow.

Comment

Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
                          Record Rack Deer Feed

Comment

You can buy L/E at their Poth, Texas, or George West location...check their web site and you can see where their dealers are....

Comment

Originally posted by Jerikson View Post
                              Doesn't matter how good a ration you have if they won't eat it. Do side by side trials and let the deer tell you with consistent palatability. At Record Rack we do research to find out what they eat in the wild and formulate our feeds accordingly along with a berry scent they can't resist. Higher fat is always a good option to put body condition on then they'll put bone on top.

Always here to answer questions and make ranch calls to help grow better deer. Give us a call and let us know how we can help. Take the Record Rack challenge with a free bag at your local dealer.

Jared Erikson
                              Record Rack Deer Feed
                              See, that is what I was thinking...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                                This^^

We use antlers plus 20% in East Texas because its always in stock don't like to change it up. Not sure if it even matters anymore they eat it so fast.

I use Lesse & Eckel in San Saba and they clean them out just as fast.
                                Where do you buy in San Saba?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X