No announcement yet.

Calling/ Luring Axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered one yesterday and will try it out soon. I hear axis all the time while hunting, sometimes really close.

Comment

I thought about going into Boerne to get it, but I talked to the guy. He said it should get here by Thursday.

Be interesting to see how the deer react.

Comment

I ordered one and will try it out my next trip. I'm interested to see if I can get a buck to answer me.

Comment

I’m on my way back from West Texas for Work, swinging in to get one. I hunt in Leakey and go to the Baker 3 every year. Curious to see what happens.

Comment

I don't know why this would work because it sounds NOTHING like the Axis I see and hear every day on the property. He does a second call that DOES sound very similar to Axis in the EZY AXIS CLOSE INCOUNTER (I didn't correct the spelling because I want to give accurate link lol). I hear that squeek/bark call from the Axis a lot, but not the Sasquatch sounding scream lol

Comment

Alfalfa works great along with apple crush lure. They sometimes visit our feeder but more often you find them grazing open fields. At least all of this is true on our property just outside of Kerrville

Comment

I know they love the deer blocks we throw out. My brother-in-law put a couple of Record Rack blocks behind his house, and there are Axis on them every day.

Comment

Ha. I'm a sucker. I ordered one too. I had success one time with the hoochy mama. This one looks and sounds much more legit. I'll try it out this weekend if it gets here!

Comment

Originally posted by Da' Hitman View Post
                    I don't know why this would work because it sounds NOTHING like the Axis I see and hear every day on the property. He does a second call that DOES sound very similar to Axis in the EZY AXIS CLOSE INCOUNTER (I didn't correct the spelling because I want to give accurate link lol). I hear that squeek/bark call from the Axis a lot, but not the Sasquatch sounding scream lol
                    The only thing I ever hear is the roar, usually 3 to 4 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish_25 View Post
                      The only thing I ever hear is the roar, usually 3 to 4 times in a row.
                      That sounds like this call? That's interesting because I have never heard Axis make a sound like that. I hear them bugle and bark, but nothing like this call. I can't wait to read reviews from hunters here. I trust the opinions of hunters that have no skin in the game with specific products. Would love video reviews showing Axis reacting to the call

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Well I stand corrected! Told my son to look at the videos and he says it sounds about right. I guess I just never heard it myself. Knowing that my son says it's pretty close, count me in to buy one and try it out

Comment

That sounds like this call? That's interesting because I have never heard Axis make a sound like that. I hear them bugle and bark, but nothing like this call. I can't wait to read reviews from hunters here. I trust the opinions of hunters that have no skin in the game with specific products. Would love video reviews showing Axis reacting to the call

This is what I hear all the time. He is pretty close on the sound from the call.

Comment

I hear them bellow like that every time I'm at my lease. Back in the summer is was almost non-stop 24 hours a day. The call sound pretty realistic once you practice with it a while and figure out how to use it to make the right kind of sound.

Comment

Good info here. I think I'm going to get one of those calls

Comment

Working...
                                X