Just stuck my biggest bow buck, but worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sika View Post
    Agree...this deer was shot in the rear leg!

[ATTACH]832493[/ATTACH]
    Looks very similar to the pic the OP posted.

Comment

I'm only posting because someone asked.

That blood from the OP is not lung blood. It is way too dark. Bubbles, as I've learned from Sika can be from a lot of things.

The floppy arrow - very little penetration.

The blood petering out indicates the wound sealed fairly quickly.

That deer is plenty alive and hiding.

Comment

To bone and Ragin, I do not have any dogs anymore but I grew up behind a set of dogs in the woods anytime I got an opportunity. My buddies still have dogs and a couple of years ago won state in the TDHA tourney, Fatboy Outfitters, out of Lexington. I have never cut a fence, left beer cans in the woods, chased deer without burning up a dog then getting rid of it or the rest of the laundry list of things that hog doggers supposedly do wrong. I was being facetious about the common idea of hog doggers. Just like you said Ragin, its like comparing all hunters to poachers, Im sure there are guys that do cut fences and tear stuff up, I just have never hunted with them and have hunted all over the state behind dogs. I was simply making the point that a hunter in a blind 150 yds away, is not going to tell the difference between a tracking dog on a wounded deer and a hog dog trashing and pulling the trigger to rid that problem. That is all I was getting at, calm down, Ill stand behind a group of hog doggers in every argument. All is well.

Comment

Hate to see the outcome on this one. Was hoping to see some pics of you with your deer. Maybe he'll show back up, if not, keep an eye out for vultures.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
            Agree...this deer was shot in the rear leg!

[ATTACH]832493[/ATTACH]
            Thanks Courtney,
            In between the opinions and judgements on this thread is some info that might make us all a little better at this.

Canny, please go find your buck.
            Good luck!

Comment

good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
                I am not a rage hater butt from experience they do not perform dependability when making contact with the shoulder. They leave some good blood because of the large entrance wound but do not make it into the chest cavity. I hope this is not your situation. Good luck with your recovery.
                I use Rage broadheads, Rage Hypodermics to be exact. I think that the models using the aluminum ferrules are not a very good option, and if contact with the shoulder was the case very well could have been cause for insufficient penetration as too much energy is transferred to the aluminum rather than plowing through the bone.
                I've had no issues busting through bone with the hypos.
                All of this is my opinion, I am in know way claiming to be an expert.
                I hope you find him.

Comment

updates? any luck

Comment

I hope you find you deer. Please give us an update when you get a chance

Comment

Good Luck! Most of here are not here to place judgement only to bask in your excitement, elation and recovery. Don't let the minority sour the good of the majority! Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by parkchief100 View Post
                        Good Luck! Most of here are not here to place judgement only to bask in your excitement, elation and recovery. Don't let the minority sour the good of the majority! Good Luck!!!
                        ^What he said

Comment

Come on Canny, find that deer!

Comment

Originally posted by mcanderson83 View Post
                            ^What he said
                            X3

Comment

Good Luck

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your deer recovery.

JE

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                                You do realize that those hog doggers you speak of are a minority right? That's just like blaming hunters for poachers. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Thank u for this post!! I am a hardcore hog dogger and we seem to get put in the catagory as "poachers"! But, for the Op if i was close i would gladly leash a dog and come search. No dout my dogs would take track. Sorry im not closer tho!!

Comment

Working...
                                X