No announcement yet.

Just stuck my biggest bow buck, but worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do y'all think his first blood pic is lung, looks too red to me? Lung should be very pink (Pepto Bismal with bubbles, sorta).

Comment

Dang man, not what I wanted to read when I checked back in! Sorry you didn't find your deer, and sorry your thread turned into another endless pissing contest on who is the most right or most wrong...

Hope you find him anyway. Meat won't be good, but maybe you can recover the antlers.

Will check back in for updates...

Comment

OP calling 4 guys isn't very many. Especially this time of year. I'm also not suprised you were turned down by them. Most of us who have tracking dogs always want to help. That being said we ain't sitting by the phone just waiting on a call. It's the holiday season right now, and most of us are spending quality time with family. It's easy to bash trackers that charge $400. All of us don't, but you get what you pay for. One day when you shoot a buck of a lifetime you will be glad there is someone who can bring a dog to find it for you. I promise you none of us are getting rich from tracking dogs. It costs a lot to train one and keep him ready throughout the year. Radio collars ain't cheap either. Me personally, I will bring my dog because I enjoy doing it. To me it's another form of hunting. I love working with my dog and making a hunters day by recovering their deer. Every person I know who is willing to take their dog out to find a strangers deer is a good person. The tracking list on here has prices that are all over the map. I suggest you find someone now that can come to your area that you can afford BEFORE you need the dog. Also know your neighbors. That's the key to any long tracking job. The tracker must have permission. Blood tracking dogs live to recover animals. We don't want to put our dog on a trail and have to pull him off because we ran out of tress passable land.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          OP calling 4 guys isn't very many. Especially this time of year. I'm also not suprised you were turned down by them. Most of us who have tracking dogs always want to help. That being said we ain't sitting by the phone just waiting on a call. It's the holiday season right now, and most of us are spending quality time with family. It's easy to bash trackers that charge $400. All of us don't, but you get what you pay for. One day when you shoot a buck of a lifetime you will be glad there is someone who can bring a dog to find it for you. I promise you none of us are getting rich from tracking dogs. It costs a lot to train one and keep him ready throughout the year. Radio collars ain't cheap either. Me personally, I will bring my dog because I enjoy doing it. To me it's another form of hunting. I love working with my dog and making a hunters day by recovering their deer. Every person I know who is willing to take their dog out to find a strangers deer is a good person. The tracking list on here has prices that are all over the map. I suggest you find someone now that can come to your area that you can afford BEFORE you need the dog. Also know your neighbors. That's the key to any long tracking job. The tracker must have permission. Blood tracking dogs live to recover animals. We don't want to put our dog on a trail and have to pull him off because we ran out of tress passable land.

Nice essay amigo! Not getting in a pissing match but I did not bash any of the trackers. I simply stated that most of them turned me down due to small acreage and the others that said they would show cost $400 irregardless of recovery. Had you read all my posts I stated that I understand the costs as I have a lot of experience with training dogs and I know the costs. Now in a perfect world I would have someone in the area that I could call that I could afford. People can sit and state all the would haves should haves all they want but in reality you cannot plan for everything and **** happens. So before you slip off that soap box take a moment and relax.

And BTW I went back and looked at my call log and I called 6 guys and 2 of them didn't answer so I left a message to call me back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            if she didn't know for a fact it was a leg hit she would not have posted it.

She tracked & found that deer.
            10-4.
            I've seen a lot of blood trails in my 35 years of bowhunting but never a foamy leg hit. But then again I don't shoot them in the leg.
            Last edited by PondPopper; 12-27-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
              Nice essay amigo! Not getting in a pissing match but I did not bash any of the trackers. I simply stated that most of them turned me down due to small acreage and the others that said they would show cost $400 irregardless of recovery. Had you read all my posts I stated that I understand the costs as I have a lot of experience with training dogs and I know the costs. Now in a perfect world I would have someone in the area that I could call that I could afford. People can sit and state all the would haves should haves all they want but in reality you cannot plan for everything and **** happens. So before you slip off that soap box take a moment and relax.

And BTW I went back and looked at my call log and I called 6 guys and 2 of them didn't answer so I left a message to call me back.

Your good Man. Anyone hating either didn't read or made some powerful assumptions.

Comment

Originally posted by az2tx View Post
                $400
                a one lung deer can go miles
                .......and survive until seen on camera the following season.....ask me how I know? Hope you find him. If not, the deer may still be alive. I hit one low last year and we ( seven people tracking ) found what we thought was good lung blood....bubbles and plenty of blood. Never found the deer. Complete pass through. He showed up again on camera this year. He was run down a bit but alive. He had large white spots on both sides of him where he was hit. His brow tines grew but other than that not much. Good luck to ya. Keep checking cameras if you have them out.

Comment

Good luck bud!

Comment

Yeah there are only a couple things I know for sure. I know the shot was not in the brisket (100%) positive. Only thing I can think of is that I pulled the shot just enough to get into the shoulder and possibly connected with the scapula or something else that stopped the arrow from penetrating any further. No sign of him this evening so I will go sit in the morning and then grid search again for a few hours. I tracked today's search path with my GPS so tomorrow I'll take up where I left off and keep going

I walk circles until I decide to quite. One recovery was in the complete opposite of the direction the deer ran. It ran straight away from me and I recovered it, hours later, 40-50 yards behind my stand. They are tough animals, only give up when you think you've given it your best. You've done good so far in my opinion, it won't be your first rodeo, trust me!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                        You do realize that those hog doggers you speak of are a minority right? That's just like blaming hunters for poachers. [emoji849]

THANK YOU ragin!!!!
                        I hate to even waste my time arguing with that mess anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                          THANK YOU ragin!!!!

I hate to even waste my time arguing with that mess anymore.

Well it's true.

Comment

Good luck in the recovery

Comment

And I didn't bash you . The soap box wasn't directed toward you at all. It was intended to better inform anyone who may need a dog at some point. Sorry you took offense to it. I have no problem with what you did. I hope you recover the antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Well, bye! Seriously, did you even read his post or just get on here and run your mouth. Some people's kids, I swear.

Good luck canny.

Comment

Working...
                                X