Just stuck my biggest bow buck, but worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Yep. I'm 100% for tracking them with dogs but I can say if I saw a dog run through our place following deer, I'd think it was up to no good as we have had wild dog issues and I'd likely shoot it. I would feel horrible killing a blood dog but if it happens fast I can see a mistake possibly happening.

I've never seen s tracking dog without a gps collar. There is typically no confusing a trained blood trailing dog for a wild dog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
      http://www.zavalacad.com/

click on "GIS MAP" and it will bring up an interactive map, just zoom in and click on the property you want details on.
      Thank you. That worked like a charm and I checked a couple of ranches and the data was correct. Super nice.

Comment

Originally posted by MySRT8U View Post
        I've never seen s tracking dog without a gps collar. There is typically no confusing a trained blood trailing dog for a wild dog

I'm not betting my dogs life on the common hunters ability make this decision correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          Agree...this deer was shot in the rear leg!

[ATTACH]832493[/ATTACH]
          It looks watery. I'm thinking its from his nose and mouth possibly.

Comment

I am not a rage hater butt from experience they do not perform dependability when making contact with the shoulder. They leave some good blood because of the large entrance wound but do not make it into the chest cavity. I hope this is not your situation. Good luck with your recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I'm not betting my dogs life on the common hunters ability make this decision correctly.

I agree 100%. But to say you thought a tracking dog with a gps collar on it was a wild dog is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                No sir, maybe my family just shoots better than all yall

Doubt that. I was raised with hunting dogs. That's probably the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
                    I am not a rage hater butt from experience they do not perform dependability when making contact with the shoulder. They leave some good blood because of the large entrance wound but do not make it into the chest cavity. I hope this is not your situation. Good luck with your recovery.

Same experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      It looks watery. I'm thinking its from his nose and mouth possibly.

If she didn't know for a fact it was a leg hit she would not have posted it.

She tracked & found that deer.

Comment

Do you not have a lab with you? I've found a pile with my labs and never did any training with them (bird only). I'd 100℅ put a lab on it if you have one, regardless if it's ever trailed a deer or not.

Comment

Again, from TBH we all know how much a lot of people hate hog doggers. Cutting fences, chasing deer, leaving trash, rutting up pastures. With that, how can said hunter in stand with a rifle determine the difference between those dang hog dogs chasing a good buck and a trained tracking dog trailing a wounded deer. I understand not wanting to put a dog on the ground without permission all around. Good luck on your recovery. Hope you see buzzards in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Blane View Post
                            Again, from TBH we all know how much a lot of people hate hog doggers. Cutting fences, chasing deer, leaving trash, rutting up pastures. With that, how can said hunter in stand with a rifle determine the difference between those dang hog dogs chasing a good buck and a trained tracking dog trailing a wounded deer. I understand not wanting to put a dog on the ground without permission all around. Good luck on your recovery. Hope you see buzzards in the morning.

You do realize that those hog doggers you speak of are a minority right? That's just like blaming hunters for poachers. [emoji849]

Comment

I was hoping to see some pics

Sorry for the outcome

I can't fault a dog owner for not being interested in a track on a smaller place

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                I was hoping to see some pics

Sorry for the outcome

I can't fault a dog owner for not being interested in a track on a smaller place
                                X2. Specially when you don't have permission from the neighbors to track. Not worth risking the safety of your dog for a couple hundred bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X