Smoked Salsa Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Salsa Recipe

Yesterday's garden harvest had me craving salsa. Thought I'de share the process. I did this using the water bath canning method, so I wont go into preparation for that. Use additional tabasco peppers for additional heat.
    The amount I use is a good "kick" of heat. The following amount will fill one pint size mason jar.

- 4 Tabasco peppers
    - 3 Tomatoes
    - 4 cloves garlic
    - 1/2 Lime
    - 2 banana peppers
    - large pinch of Cilantro (more or less depending on your taste)
    - large pinch of oregano
    - 1 teaspoon sea salt
    - 1/2 teaspoon cumin
    - 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar

I use applewood in the smoker and put tomatoes, peppers and garlic in for 10 minutes. This will allow tomatoes skin to peel easier and allow veggies to get just enough smoke flavor without overpowering.
    Attached Files

Allow veggies to cool, then peel skin from tomato. Add all ingredients in food processor. After all ingredients are mixed and diced, put through strainer. This will allow excess juice from tomatoes to drain for a more chunky salsa. Do this temporarily, as you need some moisture present.
    Attached Files

Comment

Finally add ingredients in pint size jar and follow water bath canning technique. I boiled jars for 15 minutes and listened for the satisfying "pop" of the can. Enjoy!
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

what temp on the smoker?

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looks good. I'll have to give this a try.

Comment

This looks like the real deal! If you ever need something to be smokey in a pinch, my secret weapon is the Marie Sharpes Smoke Habanera Sauce. Just a dash of that stuff can transform anything!

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                    what temp on the smoker?
                    Not sure on temp, but I use a propane vertical smoker for this and crank it up to the highest setting. I only smoke it for 10 minutes and it's morethan enough time to get smokey flavor and split the tomato skins for easier peeling.

Comment

Mmm

Comment

Working...
                      X