This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Are you serious? A punter? MVP? HAHAHAHA!!!!
    That punter was badarse. I was hoping for more punts the way he was placing them like a survey stake anywhere he wanted it. I think he has a gps in his foot.

Comment

The punter is a national award winner and leaving school early for the NFL draft, he’s a bad dude and no surprise he’s the MVP. He’s a game changer for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        The punter is a national award winner and leaving school early for the NFL draft, he’s a bad dude and no surprise he’s the MVP. He’s a game changer for sure

Has a punter ever won a bowl game MVP? At first I thought y’all were being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          That punter was badarse. I was hoping for more punts the way he was placing them like a survey stake anywhere he wanted it. I think he has a gps in his foot.
          As bad as they were in previous years on ST, it has been something to watch. Boyd or Thompson always seem to be in the exact spot for the touchback as well. Guess they finally started working on ST with Strong in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Has a punter ever won a bowl game MVP? At first I thought y’all were being sarcastic.
            He may very well be the best punter CFB has seen, so it's fitting...regardless.

Comment

I didn't watch the entire game but what I saw the punter was incredible. I read the box score this morning and wow it was impressive!! It is amazing how Texas can change in one year on defense and special teams yet their offense is lackluster. I hope someone in high places is taking notice and makes the needed adjustments.

Comment

Outside of the Tech / Maryland games, I saw what I wanted to in year one. I realize the patchwork offensive line made it difficult for the offense to get anything consistent all year. Texas needs to get some player makers on offense and get some lineman healthy. I like the path.

Comment

Texas played like they wanted to win and the defense was great and punting even better. Mizzo played poorly with all the penalties and turnovers...appeared to be a team that was not focused. If Texas can recruit some linemen and settle on a QB, I think that they be a pretty good team.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

College Football - Bowl Thread

The infamous Jimbo Fisher was OC during this game.
                    Last edited by Smart; 12-28-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Texas
                      D played good. Although, each time it seemed like Mizzo was getting something going in the running game or gain some momentum, they cough up the ball or snap the ball into the end zone or receivers drop balls. The roughing the passer call hurt also, which got Texas up 10. From what I noticed, I though the Oline for Texas did pretty good in pass protection. Play calling just went to crap in the second half.
                      No reason for Texas not to compete for the Big 12 title next year. They have the talent that's for sure. Don't see any drop off on D, unless there is no one to replace PUNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
                        Texas played like they wanted to win and the defense was great and punting even better. Mizzo played poorly with all the penalties and turnovers...appeared to be a team that was not focused. If Texas can recruit some linemen and settle on a QB, I think that they be a pretty good team.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Did they play poorly or was Texas defense so dominating they didn’t allow them to play like they wanted to win? The turnovers were forced helmet on ball tackles, a lot of balls knocked down by secondary. The running game was shut down for the most part. Etc etc etc.

As “dominant” as Mizzous was offensively the last few games of their season , I doubt they came into this game playing not to win. If anything they were over-aggressive on defense the first series. Their defensive line has some pretty legit players from what I saw.

Texas offense is anemic though. The line needs some strength, experience, more development and frankly more effort. ERod is not the answer at LT I’m afraid. The screen pass without the screen was pathetic. 3 lineman. ..One defensive player and he made the tackle untouched. Ran right through them. Young would still be running on that play.
                        Last edited by Smart; 12-28-2017, 08:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          Mizzou QB: Says that will make him leave here both with head held high and chip on shoulder. Asked if thought was appropriate for a coach to do: "There’s both sides of that. If you’re going to do that, you’re being a players’ coach, really. If I was on the team, I would have (dug) it."

Recruits seemed to enjoy his interaction with his players. I'll take it in stride.

Dashaun White liked it[emoji23]

Comment

Is it ok to go ahead and label Coach Herman, Coach Swag?

Sumlin no longer needs it.

Comment

Don’t shoot the messenger. I am just merely sharing an account of why the team and Herman made fun of the QBs, back pack/jacket or whatever the hell it was move.

“I was at the lunch yesterday. They had the captains for each team on stage for a q and a. One of the questions was, 'how will you celebrate a touchdown tomorrow?' Missouri's d lineman stood up, did the horns down, looked at the Texas players and said he was gonna give the horns down when he scored. A bunch of Missouri players stood up and flashed the horns down at the Texas players while he did this. Cook said he was gonna put the bag on his right shoulder, put the bag on his left shoulder and did his goofy backpack thing during it too. **** em. Loved seeing Herman and the rest of our guys steal that lame celebration at the end of he game”

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                                Is it ok to go ahead and label Coach Herman, Coach Swag?

Sumlin no longer needs it.

I don't care what you call him, it's an improvement.

Chuck managed to field a team that scored 7 points on 59 yards in his one and only bowl appearance during his tenure. When the game was over Bielema was all about the Horns down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X