No announcement yet.

Just climbed into a tree....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done! Sounds like things turned in your favor with being able to hunt the in-law's place. Nice job with the write up! Congats!
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats! Nice buck

Comment

glad it all came together for you.... congrats on a good buck and great shot

Comment

Congratulations! Nice buck!!

Comment

Nice deer! Only makes it better when you have to work that hard for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

awesome stuff man! congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                Alright guys,

Last night I was reveling in the sweet satisfaction of all of my hard work coming together, so I didn’t get around to posting or story so I apologize for the wait.

Last year we moved from Dallas to Waco and I was on a lease for the first time, we put in a ton of work and was ready to go and then 10 days before the season all of us got kicked off due to a change in ownership from father to son. Raw deal, and I talked about it last year. Any way my in laws have about 70 acres in Meridian and my MIL finally felt sorry enough for me to let me hunt her place. Best thing that could have ever happened. It’s 40 min from the house and I can actually hunt a ton instead of having to do weekend trips when I could. So feeder set up in mid October and it was so green it was a rough year. About 125 hours in the stand and I saw 5 deer, only 3 remotely anywhere close to in range and the young buck was not legal and both does were babies. Fast forward to this year and I’ve had better action on camera and have been feeding all year. But opening weekend shows up and didn’t see a thing..... happened two more times but I’ve been staying hopeful. Last night was the most action I’ve ever seen out there, at 6 a young 8 goes by around 80 yards, followed later by about 15-20 pigs. So it was a **** successful hunt in my book. So it’s starting to get dark and I don’t have much time left in this one. Put my gear up, take my arrow off and put it in the quiver and I’m getting ready to get down shortly and I see a coon in the pen. So I put my arrow back on, draw and I’m about to release when I hear this thud to my right. Look over and straight to the pen cruises this definite shooter for me there. He hops in, stands directly facing away from me and I’m running out of time. I was about to make a noise to see if I could get him to turn, and he turns broadside and I pop him. He jumps the pen, jumps the fence, walks 20 yards and lays over. I was totally calm for the shot and until he fell then I just started shaking. This was 100’s of hours of work and patience finally coming together. My FIL ran a game management place across the highway for 30 years before they moved on and bought there place. I asked him if this was about what he thought I’d get here and he was very happy for letting me know he really didn’t think I’d get anything this close to mature with all of the neighbors and leases around us where they shoot first think second. He aged him at 4 1/2 and I couldnt be happier with how it all came together and my first kill at the family place. Thanks for following along and sorry for the delay.

Awesome story buddy !!
                Happy you were able to see all the hard work pay off.
                If you are coming by tomorrow, I will leave you a celebratory cigar on the porch for you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Impressed by your Dedication, EM12. Great payoff, great write-up!

Comment

Big congrats Evan!! That is an awesome story and a great looking buck... What are your plans as far as having it mounted?? Hope your season continues to be productive.

I really appreciate the info/knowledge you shared earlier on.

Comment

Originally posted by LROSE View Post
                      Awesome story buddy !!
                      Happy you were able to see all the hard work pay off.
                      If you are coming by tomorrow, I will leave you a celebratory cigar on the porch for you !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      Big congrats Evan!! That is an awesome story and a great looking buck... What are your plans as far as having it mounted?? Hope your season continues to be productive.

I really appreciate the info/knowledge you shared earlier on.
                      Awesome man thanks! I will be bye there tomorrow.

I’m going to do a Euro, I told myself a couple of years ago that I wouldn’t shoulder mount something new unless it’s bigger than my one current shoulder mount. I thought hard about it being my first deer taken off of family land but decided I’d stick with my line of thinking. Feel free to call anytime bud I enjoyed the conversation and always love helping fellow hunters. Best of luck to you brother!

Comment

Working...
                      X