Home Warranty??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Warranty??????

So I bought a house last August and had seller purchase me a home warranty. My AC is leaking coolant. Had a tech out yesterday had to put 3lbs in. Says it usually the A coil leaking. It's an older 13 seer unit. My question is, has anyone ever used their home warranty? Did they fight you ever step of the way or were they pretty decent to deal with?

We just used ours for a new pump on the well. It wasn’t to hard just have to call the warranty company and they send someone for you. You can’t use your own guy to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I called mine the other day, i ended up canceling it cause i fixed the issue myself. It was pretty easy, i called and they were going to send someone.

Comment

We've used it, had to pay a $75 deductable and they sent someone out to fix it. No hassle

Comment

Warranty people will do a yth8ng they can to bandage problem. And when they have to do work, most likely will only cover the physical part and no labor, that’s out of your pocket.

Comment

I used to do residential work. We were involved with a home warranty company. They would bandaid everything, would not pay much for repairs. We finally stopped doing work for them because we refused to "up sale" the customer to give them a better solution.

Comment

Depends on who it’s with. My parents have American home shield and have been really happy with them. We had Choice and they were absolutely useless and it was a fight to get anything fixed

Comment

Mine just expired and I had fidelity. Only had to use it once for a capacitor on my ac unit.

Comment

they are jokes

Comment

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
                    they are jokes
                    Completely disagree with this. I had over $1,500 worth of work done in the first year and only paid $150, which was a $75 charge each time. It is well worth it. I wouldn’t buy a home without it.

Comment

I had almost the same exact situation as you. My coil froze up from the low coolant levels after 10 months at out house. The guys the warranty company called took 3 days to come out to tell me the coil was bad. They ended up covering $700 of a $2500 repair. It's because they don't cover the freon and disposal charges under the plan... I tried fighting it, but it was going nowhere.

I ended up replacing the whole unit with another company and asked them to send me a check for $700, which they did.

The original company they sent tried up selling me to switch my two units over to one big unit and it would solve all my problems.. Told me it would cut my electric bill in half...which makes no sense at all.. but it was ONLY $13k to complete the job. What a deal.

Comment

I have American Home shield. I had some electrical work done, water heater replaced, disposal replaced stove fixed all with no issue. They have sent someone out every summer the “fix” my AC and it has always been just a bandaid. Several walls were ruined which caused me to file on my insurance before they ever replaced any major components. Even though I’ve been back and fourth with them year after year for AC issues I still consider them worth it with all the other things that have been fixed or repaired.

Comment

No reputable AC contractor will work with Home Warranty companies.
                          What they send to your house will a company that has no clientele...
                          a company with poorly qualified technicians...
                          and a company that will follow the warranty companies direction of “ patch patch patch “

Comment

One of our clients just recently used their home warranty. There was an A/C problem a month after buying their new home. Warranty company got the problem resolved in a timely manner and all is good.
                            Question is, would you drive off the car lot in a new car without insurance? Why would you buy a home with a home warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My main unit was 11 years old and the compressor went out. The warranty company covered the cost for a new compressor and it's installation but they don't cover freon. It was like $800 for just the freon. It's better then having to pay for both. No hassle, call them and they send out a company they have a contract with. Was there the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X