Daughter’s friend is a vegetarian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    That's awesome. You'll show that.....that...... 10yr old little girl.:roll eyes:

Why not just get her some kale or bean sprouts or whatever the hell they eat, be respectful of her choice, be a gracious host and not pick on a little girl? There's a concept.

X2. She’s probably healthier than most of us on this thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
      She’s 10, and already a vegetarian?? Man, I’m out of touch with reality I guess. Many thoughts running through my head, and probably can’t articulate that in words that make sense. Just seems wrong to me. She’s not old enough to understand why people are vegetarians in the first place I guess, just hasn’t had enough knowledge or experience to understand why she’s doing it. Seems like something is being projected on her by her parents. I mean dang, let kids be kids for a while until they are old enough to form their own educated opinions.

Not trying to be confrontational, just surprised that a 10 yr old already has opinions and beliefs based on stuff they have know real knowledge or education about.
      I've thought about this before and maybe she just doesn't like meat. Some people just don't like certain foods with no explanation as to "why". I have a daughter that doesn't like cheese. Neither she nor we know why nor understand why the mere smell of cheese makes her sick. From the time she was a toddler to today, at the age of 13, if it has cheese, she's scraping it off or sending it back.

Comment

I highly recommend serving lentils for supper and Uncle Sam flaxseed cereal for breakfast
        With a side of deer sausage breakfast tacos " cheese optional "
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 02-23-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

You are an adult. Act like one. She’s 10!

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I've thought about this before and maybe she just doesn't like meat. Some people just don't like certain foods with no explanation as to "why". I have a daughter that doesn't like cheese. Neither she nor we know why nor understand why the mere smell of cheese makes her sick. From the time she was a toddler to today, at the age of 13, if it has cheese, she's scraping it off or sending it back.

My brother hated seafood for most of his youth and now he will eat raw octopus. Kids grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayno View Post
              Good grief, guys. I’m just making a joke. It won’t even be thawed out before she leaves tomorrow. She won’t be here for the fun. I’m having to bite my tongue around her, so I thought I could make a joke on here...guess I was wrong.
              Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              You are an adult. Act like one. She’s 10!
              You’re an adult. Read all the posts before you jump on me.

Comment

My 16 year old daughter has been a vegan for 2 years. She probably has more bow kills than most of the expert posters on this site. It's all about respect. She asks me about my hunting trips. I ask her about her tasty vegan pizza. 'Merica.

Comment

The thread is already kinda weird but hope the parents are supplementing...my girl has never eaten red meat & we had to up her iron. I would sorta be weirded out if she didn't do fish & chicken.

Sorry op I dig this was really meant to be light hearted...10yr veggie only?? We had a bone in ribeye tonite

Comment

10 years old and a vegetarian? Only vegetables my 10 year old will eat are french fries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

its a parent thing. send her born at woodstock folks some non-gmo sausage.

you guys gettin' all offended need to lighten up francis. are we to change who we are because we are entertaining yoga lib hippy ideology? of course not.

just treat all with love and respect while being our redneck selves.

Comment

10 and a vegetarian! Imagine how smart she’s gonna be as a teen!

Heh...

Comment

Give her some chicken of course with some kale with cheese on top

Comment

I have a niece that claims to be vegan until there is chick-fil-a near by

Comment

But that's different

Comment

Emoji

Comment

Working...
                                X