No announcement yet.

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Franco's and we have had good food at Henry's too.... but Hildagos is 20 miles closer in Christoval for us.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
      I think he's had issues in the past with hunters leaving low-quality equipment out there for him to clean up later and he believes these are the best built feeders around. After using them for a season, I tend to agree with him, plus they are super easy to fill. Also easy to get hand corn out of if you left your hand corn in the truck and easy to set off when you are getting in the blind and don't have a remote.

These have a spring loaded mechanism that prevents any loose corn from being stolen, works great. The only coons we have on camera are at water troughs where we hand corn.

If our landowner was that OCD about feeders I'd have to buy two per pen to match our current capacity living 5 hours away.

Comment

These Groundhuggers are the only feeders our landowner allows, I was a little skeptical at first, but they are awesome. Coon-proof, super easy to fill and the deer don't seem as skittish. Also, easy to MacGyver it into a directional feeder. A little pricey but worth it in my opinion. You can pick them up at West Texas Game Feeders on Chadbourne.
        Those are all I buy now also.

Comment

2017 San Angelo area season thread

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          I like Franco's and we have had good food at Henry's too.... but Hildagos is 20 miles closer in Christoval for us.

We ate Henry's this weekend and I didn't really care for the celery in the meat other than that it was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If anyone has some helpful tips for hunting in San Angelo (Tom Green County) I would love to hear them! I will be new to San Angelo this spring and looking forward to it. I used to hunt in Coleman where pigs were a real problem!!! Anyone have 2 cents to throw at me?

Comment

Originally posted by GarrettRob17 View Post
              If anyone has some helpful tips for hunting in San Angelo (Tom Green County) I would love to hear them! I will be new to San Angelo this spring and looking forward to it. I used to hunt in Coleman where pigs were a real problem!!! Anyone have 2 cents to throw at me?
              Snake boots

Comment

I know they were always bad in Coleman , just about every other trip to the stand in the summer to kill some pigs there would would be one of those suckers laying in the road!

Comment

Took the first trip to the new lease yesterday. Very nice, lots of oaks, good terrain changes, and see some turkey. Got a few cameras up and running and filled a couple protein feeders. Excited to go back and check the cameras!

Comment

Welcome to Gods country Richard! Now leave my deer alone![emoji13][emoji23][emoji41]

Comment

Y'all had any deer shedding antlers yet? We got a bunch with half a rack and none at all already.

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post
                        Y'all had any deer shedding antlers yet? We got a bunch with half a rack and none at all already.

Won't be out until 2/23 but I'm sure we do..

Comment

I found a small shed last weekend but its still early the bucks I see on my cell cam have both sides still

Comment

I've always had good service at the Outdoorsman. If you go in for something, they have a bow range in their basement so you can make sure you're set up properly.

Rosa's is pretty good if you're in a hurry, but Franco's and Armenta's are the places to go for West Texas Mexican Food!
                            Paisano's is the best Mexican food in Angelo hands down in my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Welcome to Gods country Richard! Now leave my deer alone![emoji13][emoji23][emoji41]
                              I won't shoot any of your deer. I only shoot big ones!

Look forward to meeting up for lunch one day out there!

Comment

Originally posted by josh3 View Post
                                Paisano's is the best Mexican food in Angelo hands down in my opinion!

Will have to try this place.

Keep the suggestions coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X