No announcement yet.

Arkansas vacation ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took the wife, mother in law and nephews to Lela's Landing on Lake Hamilton a year or two ago. We had a great time. But didn't fish.

Comment

I could live up around Mt Ida or Story.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        I was just saying that Mom and little one might want to do something besides fish the entire time. It was a 'family' vacation after all. Just a suggestion.

I was just kidding you, bud. I have four girls...you can’t imagine the stupid crap I’ve been dragged to.[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
          I could live up around Mt Ida or Story.
          I have friends that live in both places

Comment

Spider Creek Lodge, Eureka Springs is awesome.
            Individual cabins on the White River we have gone 4 years in a row.
            Love it.

Comment

Arkansas vacation ?'s

Send the people that don’t care to fish to downtown bentonville for a night. Stay at 21c, great restaurants, Crystal Bridges museum, Walmart Children’s science museum and the guys can head on to Gaston’s for fishing. Or go to this vrbo in the hills for a night with the whole fam and enjoy the outdoors, the views, hiking, the river etc and then take the fam to Gaston’s rent a cabin
              and trout fish.

(My brother in law owns this VRBO)

It's simply the best there is.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                Spider Creek Lodge, Eureka Springs is awesome.
                Individual cabins on the White River we have gone 4 years in a row.
                Love it.

Stayed there last year and had to leave early because the water smelled like sulphur so bad the whole house stunk. Couldn’t shower or use any water at all

Comment

If you make it to Eureka Springs check out Thorncrown chapel. really stunning and worth a stop

Comment

We went in june. Rented a cabin on the white river outside flippin. I could easily retire up there. It was our second time to the area and we will be back.

This last trip the fishing was outstanding. I literally got bored catching 13 inch trout off the boat dock of the rental

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

You can't go wrong anywhere in Arkansas really! Chase trout up in the ozarks, hang out in Hot Springs, or chase Slabzilla in Millwood. There is no incorrect answer! Arkansas is an awesome state!!!

Comment

Spent a week in Hot Springs last summer...it's nice...fished Lake Quachitta didn't catch anything...water was too hot!

Comment

[/URL]
                          Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          Do yall stay at the lodge there in the park? I can't find pics of the cabins or prices anywhere.
                          We've stayed in the lodge. It's nice older but nice. They do have some basic cabins. Just call the park reservation system and they can tell you what openings they have on the dates you want. Really great place man like in Broken Bow, Ok. They have different zones for different types of lures and fishing. Some antique shops in Cassville, Mo. Also several places on the way to Cassville that have little cabins outside the park. It sets down in a valley and is beautiful in the fall. The smell of campfires. Makes me want to load up and go. Was there over Memorial weekend. My 7 year old limited out both days.

https://mostateparks.com/lodging/roa...ver-state-park
                          Last edited by Buckslayertx; 10-11-2019, 02:05 PM. Reason: adding link

Comment

I currently live in NW Arkansas, lived up here for a while in the early 2000's. Its a pretty cool place. This part of the state has lots to do. Trout fishing is great in norther Arkansas. If you fly fish you can get on 5+ lb brown trout in a lot of areas.

Comment

That's some great suggestions, thanks. We are looking at lake taneycomo right now. Seems to have good fishing and closer top other attractions.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                                That's some great suggestions, thanks. We are looking at lake taneycomo right now. Seems to have good fishing and closer top other attractions.

Bingo! I have been all over that area and tanneycomo has the best of both worlds just rent a pontoon or Jon boat and the marina will tell you where and how to catch them. I have caught some nice rainbows and Browns in that lake

Comment

Working...
                                X