Talk me out of selling my Savage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyby View Post
    Never sell guns, only buy. Keep it and buy what you want. My only regret when it comes to guns is the ones I have sold.
    EXACTLY! To the original OP...my go to hunting firearm is the 6.5 Grendel in AR 15 platform these days and I harvested ALL my whitetails with it this past season and also several hogs. As all know, the AR 15 is less weight than the AR10.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
      EXACTLY! To the original OP...my go to hunting firearm is the 6.5 Grendel in AR 15 platform these days and I harvested ALL my whitetails with it this past season and also several hogs. As all know, the AR 15 is less weight than the AR10.
      Yup, Grendel would be better farther out, but it doesn't seem that ammo is as readily available for it. I looked even on Midway, and a lot of it is sold out with no back order, which makes me think that they won't be reordering. They had a pretty good selection of 6.8 though and some they were out of was eligible for back order.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
        I'm the opposite. That's like having a stack of hundred dollar bills sitting in the safe doing nothing.

Yup...I sell guns that I don't like, to replace them with a gun that I do like. If I like it, it stays forever. If I don't, it goes to fund the next one in hopes I like it.... I'm not giving up safe space for lemons or ill performers.

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
          Talk me out of selling my Savage
          You can get extra barrels in different calibers for the savage 110 and swap them back and forth as needed.

Last edited by Thumper; 05-13-2018, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Ok....

Don't sell it.

Comment

Talk me out of selling my Savage.

Please do not sell your Savage.

Comment

I'm not even sure how you ended up forking over $$$ for such an ugly gun in the first place...who brags about owning a Savage??

Sell it...THAT is not a gun that causes sellers remorse!!

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  I'm not even sure how you ended up forking over $$$ for such an ugly gun in the first place...who brags about owning a Savage??

Sell it...THAT is not a gun that causes sellers remorse!!
                  Haha x1000

“Savage rifles are like fat girls. They do perform but you don’t tell your buddies about them”

Also. The 224 and 6.8 don’t use the same mags. You’re better off with 2 separate complete uppers and NOT changing the bolt. I’m not a savage fan and I would sell that rifle in a heartbeat.

Comment

Yup

[quote=trophy8;13371600]Haha x1000

“Savage rifles are like fat girls. They do perform but you don’t tell your buddies about them”

10-4

Comment

Ok nobody's addressing the elephant in the room so I will.
                      Is it easier to make a 300 yard shot quickly with a gun that drops fast like the 6.8 or the very flat creed.
                      Best deer I've shot came from a quick 400 yard shot in Durango Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Sell it and get what you want. If there's no sentimental value in it it's just another tool in the box.
                        That’s what I do. I have trimmed the herd of the unused guns except for a select few inherited/gift guns.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          Haha x1000 The 224 and 6.8 don’t use the same mags.
                          They do use the same mags

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                            Never sell guns, only buy. Keep it and buy what you want. My only regret when it comes to guns is the ones I have sold.
                            This

Comment

If you sell it you're stupid

Comment

That is a sweet little rifle. I may want it if you sell it. I have one in 7mm-08 as my “walking around fun”. I put a lightweight Ziess scope on mine and it is a shooter. At 1” or less with several factory ammo rounds.

I cut the forend off a little, and repainted the stock in a black with gray web pattern. Love this little lightweight rifle!

Comment

Working...
                                X