For All You Drone Folks Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
    RR people don't seem to care for people messing around their row or stuff. I would imagine landing on the train would be considered trespassing. Would you be happy with someone landing a drone on top of your vehicle while driving?
    I am amazed at people that think it is ok to fly one around private property without consent but would not want someone chasing a hog with dogs across their lease or land

In a public place, I don't have a problem with them buzzing around. But you still shouldn't be invading anyone's space with one just because you are in a public place

The guy operating that drone definitely has some skills

Comment

That is some serious good flying. My skills are not near anything like that. I already dumped one drone in our farm pond in Okie land. My new one I have flown very carefully. LOL

Comment

That's a quadcopter that's flown FPV. Pilot wears goggles that gives them a realtime feed of the flying. video is recorded using a gopro mounted above the FPV camera. It's actually pretty fun and awesome flying. Look at CharpuFPV on youtube he's got some killer videos at abandoned facilities.

Comment

Mad skillz!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

**** that guy is talented...

Comment

very cool amazing skills

Comment

All talent aside that area looks beautiful!! River and mountains terrain

Am I the only one that thinks this type of talent will be the way future battles can and will be fought/won with??

Comment

Very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                    That cat is pretty good with a drone. Engineer didnt like having his pic taken
                    Great footage, but isn't that like flying into restricted airspace? That's why that engineer didn't care for it.

Comment

That right there makes me want one , bad. But hell I can't even play video games. I would tear that thing up just trying to take off. Very cool video !

Comment

I can do that if someone will let me borrow their drone....

Comment

I know virtually nothing about these machines, but I am intrigued. What would a set-up like that cost?

Comment

That guy is pretty good. He captured some cool scenery.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                              I can do that if someone will let me borrow their drone....
                              I currently have 8 or 9 right now, but I'm betting you can't do that.

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                              I know virtually nothing about these machines, but I am intrigued. What would a set-up like that cost?
                              Most of these racing drones are built, not bought. A top of the line one right now will cost 400-500 dollars to build yourself. You also need a radio (2-400), batteries (30-40 dollars each- with 2-4 minute flight times) battery charger (100-300 dollars), and goggles since most are flown first person view (150-400 dollars). You'll also need lots of props (3-4 dollars a set) because you will crash ALOT learning to fly. Best way to learn is download one of the simulators and learn on the computer.

These things have come a LONG way in the past 3 years that I've been flying. The frame designs protect the components much better than in the past, so crashes usually end up in replacing a prop or two.

There's a big race next Saturday in Carrollton at Mccinnish Park with two of the best guys in the country attending. No charge to go out and watch. Looks like there's about 25 guys entered to race now. I can't make it due to last weekend of regular deer season, but if you're interested in seeing what it's all about it would be a good race to attend. Most everyone in this is more than willing to help out.

Comment

amateur compared to Johnny!

Thanks for watching! (Click Show More) ► Drone Setup: - JOHNNY FRAME V2 (NEW!): https://www.getfpv.com/astrox-x5-freestyle-johnny-fpv-v2-j5-5inch-edition....

Comment

Working...
                                X