Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Why Spelling is so important !!!

I no (see what I did there?) that many think spelling is not important as long as one understands the meaning, but one simple spelling mistake--even a typo--can make your life miserable.

I recently texted my wife of 49 years a short, sweet note to my wife while I was tuner fishing with our Port Aransas lowlifes, and I missed one small "e".

No problem you might say...but not so young grasshoppa!

This tiny error has caused me much grief and misery.

I texted, "Hi dear, I'm enjoying and experiencing the best time of my whole life, and I just wish you were her!
    lol

seriously though, if I get a resume or cover letter with a spelling error in it I stop reading... NEXT!!

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by StrayDog View Post
        What are your feeling about unnecessary commas? For example, when an independent class preceeds the word “but” in a sentence, no comma is needed.

In this post and a previous rant about spelling/grammar you incorrectly used a comma before the word “but”.

I’m not trying to be a butt but thought I’d point out the error. See what I did there.
        what's an independent class?

Comment

Originally posted by El Coop View Post
          I consider myself to be a pretty good speller. I can spell almost any word 3 or 4 ways.
          I can spell real good two!

Comment

OMG. Man, you’re classic. Spellings an issue with you, like it is me. We both learned the 3 R’s are got whooped.

Comment

Lol

Comment

lol

Comment

My wife would feel sorry for here.

Comment

You can't sale me on this story, seems like their are to many mistakes....

Comment

Funny.

Around my herd...rule number 2 is "no jumping"...inside rv trailer, on boat, in house, on furniture, etc

Comment

The same thing happened to me when I was stripper fishing

Comment

I can't wait until you get to piqued/peaked, as in "that piqued my interest", because nobody has gotten that right that I've seen......... or is that saw ?

Comment

Spelling is important but big biceps are importanter.

Comment

Too funny. I could see how that could get someone in trouble.

Comment

Rule #2

I was texting my wife the other day while I was home and she was at work. I was trying to tell her that I was about to get in the shower then go Christmas shopping.

Instead it read:

“About to get some in the shower then go shopping”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X