• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha no problem

Comment

Ttt

Comment

It was really good years ago until a couple of the ranches were subdivided into smaller tracts. Hunting pressure is really high in and around the subdivisions.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

We looked in the back. All larger neighbors I believe

Comment

Ttt

Comment

The people that let me hunt have 2 tracts, a 385 and a 255 acre separated by a 250 acre tract. They are at the end of the road on the left, red and white trailer. I will be there next Wed. through Sunday so if you are that way then come down and visit.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
                  Is the Waddle Ranch on that road?
                  I'm pretty sure Waddle Ranch is located on Rust Road. I've been hunting there for 10 or 11 years. I also leased a pasture off of Waddell Lane from the Wilkinson brothers. I only made 1 or 2 seasons there. Waddle Ranch is Southwest of town. Waddell Lane is Northwest of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray McGaughey View Post
                    I'm pretty sure Waddle Ranch is located on Rust Road. I've been hunting there for 10 or 11 years. I also leased a pasture off of Waddell Lane from the Wilkinson brothers. I only made 1 or 2 seasons there. Waddle Ranch is Southwest of town. Waddell Lane is Northwest of town.
                    How long ago did you lease off of Waddell

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueCountybow View Post
                      How long ago did you lease off of Waddell
                      We left at the end of the 2012/2013 season.

Comment

We left at the end of the 2012/2013 season.
                        How was the hunting? Average deer seen per sit?

Comment

Originally posted by BosqueCountybow View Post
                          How was the hunting? Average deer seen per sit?
                          It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. The particular pasture that we had was odd. We would have good numbers of bucks on our trail cameras in the summer and early fall, but about the time bow season rolled around, our buck sightings would drop dramatically. It seemed as though our place was a summer pasture and once the weather started cooling off, the mature bucks would roll out. But we would hear of decent bucks being killed in the pastures around us. We were able to kill a few bucks there and always had plenty of does. We fed year round and fed protein from about the end of season until the bucks started rubbing their horns. It should have been full of bucks, but for some reasons we never could figure out, it wasn't. I've been a 2 lease hunter for the last 10 years or so. I got on the Waddle Ranch about the time I started keeping 2 leases. It's a great place with a great bunch of guys. It's southwest of town though. In 2015, I killed a 150" mainframe 12 point there. I'll always hunt there as long as they will have me.

Comment

It wasn't terrible but it wasn't great. The particular pasture that we had was odd. We would have good numbers of bucks on our trail cameras in the summer and early fall, but about the time bow season rolled around, our buck sightings would drop dramatically. It seemed as though our place was a summer pasture and once the weather started cooling off, the mature bucks would roll out. But we would hear of decent bucks being killed in the pastures around us. We were able to kill a few bucks there and always had plenty of does. We fed year round and fed protein from about the end of season until the bucks started rubbing their horns. It should have been full of bucks, but for some reasons we never could figure out, it wasn't. I've been a 2 lease hunter for the last 10 years or so. I got on the Waddle Ranch about the time I started keeping 2 leases. It's a great place with a great bunch of guys. It's southwest of town though. In 2015, I killed a 150" mainframe 12 point there. I'll always hunt there as long as they will have me.
                            Awesome. Thanks! We went and looked at a property and saw around thirty deer while we were there. About half and half bucks and does

Comment

Just hunted off of Silver Mine road off of Waddell last weekend.

Lots and lots of deer, quite a few blackbuck goats and 1 young buck, had Axis all around us but only 1 guy got a shot off and he missed. Had some turkeys too.

Comment

We have a place at the end of Wilhelm Ln and Waddell Ln runs close to the southwest corner. Hunters have killed several big bucks out there. Several years back they killed a 160+. Lots of turkeys and black buck are free ranging. Starting to see some axis every now and then, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X