Masks outdoors / Exercise & politeness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Masks outdoors / Exercise & politeness.

Ok, so this isn't a political point but a human interaction / response I've noticed & was curious if other's are seeing the same.

I try to walk the dogs every AM & have a hike & bike trail behind the house...while not a high volume trail, there could be up to around 2 dozen folks on this one mile stretch & of the people walking, jogging & biking I would say mask wearing is 50/50.

I make a point to say good morning to everyone I pass & have a nice day if I see them on the way back...I get replies about 50/50 as well. For the past few days I started paying more attn & noticing that almost all the folks not returning the courtesy are mask wearers & also avoid eye contact?? There were two people today on bikes going at a good clip who placed their masks on as they approached me...couldn't you hold your breath or is this making point?? I'm sorta enjoying killing the daily debbie downers with kindness.

Interesting findings.

I wonder how many of the non responding mask wearers are originally from out of state.

I'm still bewildered by the in car mask wearers.....Sheeple.

Comment

I still get a kick seeing people wearing a mask driving solo.

Comment

Solo car mask setup is just weird! For the trail, I think a lot of people are still scared/uncertain what the right thing is to do. You have the virtue signalers of course but I think people just don't really know how to handle things nowadays. My wife and I try to keep a distance mostly but outdoors unless in a very crowded place I wouldn't even consider putting a mask on. I like to adopt the kindness, sympathetic approach. I hope people can see me smiling when I have my mask on! lol

Comment

Ya know, now that you’ve mentioned it, most of the people I say hello to in stores that are wearing masks won’t return a hello or anything. They seem to be so afraid. I’m usually tired from chasing cattle or whatever on a daily basis but still am able to be polite.

Comment

Had that conversation with my wife this morning on our walk. Had one family with a very small child (4 or 5) all on bikes with masks on. To be fair, I made no attempt to say “Good morning” to them because it might have come out as “dumbass!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
              Ya know, now that you’ve mentioned it, most of the people I say hello to in stores that are wearing masks won’t return a hello or anything. They seem to be so afraid. I’m usually tired from chasing cattle or whatever on a daily basis but still am able to be polite.
              Maybe you smell like skunk and they dont want any part of that.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                Maybe you smell like skunk and they dont want any part of that.
                Or might be the cow poop all over my clothes and face.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  Or might be the cow poop all over my clothes and face.
                  That would probably do it. Shocked at all of the out of staters moving to bonham. Freakin frisco north

Comment

I notice the exact same here. It’s amazing how some people freak out and can’t get their mask on quick enough when they see me coming. Won’t look at me and nor return my good morning. And I see so many people( only one in the vehicle) wearing them. Riding bikes on trails way back in where there are very very few people, they may be the only one I see in two three hours and they have masks on. Even riding motorcycles I see many wearing them.
                    Last edited by critter69; 10-18-2020, 12:35 PM.

Comment

We have a trail close to my house that is heavy used. I've been walking and ridig a bike more on it recently. What I've noticed is that it's mostly the Indians that are wearing masks outdoors around here.

Comment

Would be interesting to know the statistics of how many people that wear a mask outdoors are liberals/democrats

Comment

Good morning Paul.

Comment

I'd say on our trails the over whelming majority don't wear masks.

Comment

Notice the same, I generally say hi to everyone if I'm walking the dog, and have noticed if you're afraid enough to wear a mask on a walk, you dont say hi back for the most part. Some older folks will return the greeting

Comment

Working...
                              X