No announcement yet.

Honey Locust thorn strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldnt surprise me. I was clearing a bunch last year and ended up a bloody mess and all swole up on left arm ftom the thorns. Had one get in knuckle of pinky finger and guessing thorn broke off in there. I ended up with a pretty big knot there for probably 8 months, is still there but not as big as it was. Those things are nasty for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      At your age, combing your hair causes a bruise.
      He aint got no hair left!

I don't know what kind of thorn it was, but I had one work itself to the surface and out earlier this year that had been in my thumb about 2 years.
      Last edited by Dale Moser; 10-14-2020, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
        I had a neighbor that got a nasty staff infection from one. They are no joke.
        I got one too a few years ago. It was really bad.
        I think I have another one from when I fell off my tripod on opening day.

WCB I have also gotten bruises from them!

Comment

Interesting subject considering my experience last weekend. I stepped on a honey locust last week at my local pig place. It went through my tennis shoe just enough to break the skin and pop me. My calf tingled after that for about 10 minutes. I asked my BIL if they had any kind of numbing poison in them like those toothache trees out west. . He just shrugged his shoulders. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Comment

Everything I've read on them wasn't very clear on whether the thorns have some kind of poison on them. Some think they do,some think not. So I'm gonna say maybe they do. But maybe they don't.

I know they hurt for a while after getting you unlike most stickers so I've always thought they did. But I guess that's what I get for doing my own thinkin.
            Last edited by okrattler; 10-14-2020, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
              At your age, combing your hair causes a bruise.

Hilarious!!!

Comment

What did you do to make the wife do that when you were asleep?

He actually still has some hair, at least a little.

Comment

Was pruning a orange tree with spikes for thorns.Limb fell and thorn stuck in muscle to bone about 1.5 inches deep..Pulled out and it seal off almost immediately..But what it appeared to me was blood collected under skin and formed a big blue whelp ...Look like Bruise,sore for several days then it slowly went away...

Comment

Might of hit a small blood vessel. That will cause that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure with honey locust. Black locust typically just cuts me open. Must have just jabbed ya funny.

Comment

Working...
                      X