Anxiety chest pains ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
    There used to be an old saying “Karate men bruise on the inside”. The weird thing is supposedly there is some truth to this as they have found people that carry the “warrior gene” to have that very scenerio. Evidently something to do with prioritization and compartmentalization.
    This describes my husband perfectly. How very interesting.

Comment

I have dealt with anxiety attacks my entire life.

I have had them so bad in the past that I thought I was having a heart attack (in my twenties!) and I had debilitating chest pains for three days straight.

I hate the way anxiety medication makes me feel and what it does to my mood - so one of the things that I resorted to over the years is if I feel like I am about to have an issue, I do the old breathing into a paper bag trick, or if I'm at home, I lay in bed with my face in my pillow.

All this being said, I don't know your situation so listen to your doctors, and really get to know any meds they prescribe you.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        I had something similar about 12 years ago. Went though all the heart tests after I described it to my doctor. End up being acid reflux. The doctor said that the way the nerves are oriented it could give the feeling of heart pain. I would have never guessed it would have been espohagus/stomach related where I was feeling pain. Just an idea.

My wife had the same as well and it ended up being her gall bladder......After a 4 day stay in the hospital doing heart tests they determined it was her gallbladder... That was an expensive nutkick
        Same here with the reflux

Comment

Any recent weight loss?

Could be the xiphoid process. Look it up. It happened to me a freaked me out. Mine was brought on from rapid weight loss.
          Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-10-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

You mentioned you're a frequent runner. Are you a frequent coffee drinker? What's your sleep look like?

I dealt with very similar thing and was very worried at first, especially since I didnt feel like an anxious person.

I was running ~50 miles a week, usually in the evening, and had bad habit of multiple cups of coffee a day
            Otherwise, great health and diet.

Between the coffee, running, and general lifestyle timing of everything and sleep, I realized I was producing tons of cortisol, and was becoming insulin resistant. That last part really confused me because I did everything "healthy" but blood work came back as pre-diabetic.

So I started doing sprints, cutting back on runs, doing more strength workouts, switching out coffee for green tea, and ensuring I sleep more. My insulin response is way better, no longer prediabetic, no longer get "anxiety pains" by managing my cortisol with sleep, not boosting it with coffee, and purposefully distressing. Too much insulin (insulin resistance) triggers inflammation and higher responses of cortisol, which can artificially trigger anxiety symptoms. I can still run 10+ miles. But I'm stronger and healthier now than then.

Just to add, I'm only 28, so when it happened at 27 it scared the crap out of me.
            Last edited by Hooverfb; 06-10-2020, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Any recent weight loss?

Could be the xiphoid process. Look it up. It happened to me a freaked me out. Mine was brought on from rapid weight loss.
              50 plus pounds since January

Comment

Originally posted by Hooverfb View Post
                You mentioned you're a frequent runner. Are you a frequent coffee drinker? What's your sleep look like?

I dealt with very similar thing and was very worried at first, especially since I didnt feel like an anxious person.

I was running ~50 miles a week, usually in the evening, and had bad habit of multiple cups of coffee a day
                Otherwise, great health and diet.

Between the coffee, running, and general lifestyle timing of everything and sleep, I realized I was producing tons of cortisol, and was becoming insulin resistant. That last part really confused me because I did everything "healthy" but blood work came back as pre-diabetic.

So I started doing sprints, cutting back on runs, doing more strength workouts, switching out coffee for green tea, and ensuring I sleep more. My insulin response is way better, no longer prediabetic, no longer get "anxiety pains" by managing my cortisol with sleep, not boosting it with coffee, and purposefully distressing. Too much insulin (insulin resistance) triggers inflammation and higher responses of cortisol, which can artificially trigger anxiety symptoms. I can still run 10+ miles. But I'm stronger and healthier now than then.

Just to add, I'm only 28, so when it happened at 27 it scared the crap out of me.
                I say runner. I maybe log 20 miles a week running and 60 or so cycling. No coffee, water only.

Comment

Have you recently experienced any major life event or tried a new medication lately?[/QUOTE]

Blood pressures meds March, work an get a little stressful. I did recently lose an uncle to the COVID crap

Comment

I am tagging this. I have the same thing going on, seems like Claritin and chest decongestants have been helping but not solving the problem. The doctor I went to said it could be an inflammation of tissue in the sternum area.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                      50 plus pounds since January
                      xiphoid process I bet. Google it.
                      Last edited by Hoggslayer; 06-10-2020, 01:13 PM.

Comment

*****UPDATE******

After all the test my heart came back in good shape minus a little build up but nothing to be concerned about yet. Got some cholesterol medication that I’ve been on for 4 days. Once the dr cleared me to workout I started stretching for a while after working out so I’m not sure if it is the medicine and or the stretching that has helped the pain go away for the most part. One level of blood work was low which could also bring on angina.

If you have chest pains get it checked out they are no fun

Comment

Good to hear you've stayed on top of things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

*****UPDATE******

After all the test my heart came back in good shape minus a little build up but nothing to be concerned about yet. Got some cholesterol medication that I’ve been on for 4 days. Once the dr cleared me to workout I started stretching for a while after working out so I’m not sure if it is the medicine and or the stretching that has helped the pain go away for the most part. One level of blood work was low which could also bring on angina.

If you have chest pains get it checked out they are no fun
                            Glad to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                              Good to hear you've stayed on top of things.

Yes sir. Might as well. That’s what we pay for insurance for right.

Comment

Yes sir. Might as well. That’s what we pay for insurance for right.
                                Pay too much if you ask me. But grateful none the less

Comment

Working...
                                X