No announcement yet.

Anxiety chest pains ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d put my money on stuff connected in the sternum area like the xiphoid or from the nerves and muscles between the shoulder blades.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
      Sir, many chest pains actually come from that wad of muscles between the shoulder blades and radiate through.

Relax your shoulders, you might be holding them up in the ready position.

Many folks walk around all day with their shoulders hunched up and don’t even know it.
      This could very well be an issue. The pain started on mile 2 of a 4 mile run. The lower neck top of my shoulder blade has been stiff and tight. I may go get a massage at a sports massage therapist

Comment

Could be neck/spine out of alignment! A piercing pain shooting from your back through you chest will make you get into a medical facility asap! Had this pain had every test and marker done they could think of plus a few others they thought they could get past insurance and everything checked good. Would have the pain on a regular basis but it would appear from time to time, well I was having an occurrence just before a chiro visit, as soon as he was done it went away, talked to the chiro, went back for a few visits with the pains, he got me straightened out and I've done well ever since.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet its the stress of it all. Its great that you exercise, but exercise is only one method of dealing with stress.

Until you get your other results back try some breathing and meditation exercise.

I like the square breathing method - [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdBSmERWLp4"]How to Reduce Your Stress with Square Breathing or Box Breathing - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I never knew these things were so connected but man they are.

The breathing stuff might work for some but a flexeril, shot of Jack Daniels and a half a Tylenol 3 works wonders

Comment

You can rest easy that this is something likely non-cardiac in nature if that all comes back clear. When we were made, the good Lord put a lot of structure near and around the heart that can mimic heart attack. I am hopeful your echo and CT are clear! Did your provider do a risk assessment for you in terms of cardiovascular disease (usually incorporates cholesterol, age, blood pressure, etc)?

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
              EKG were 2 weeks ago. Echo and CT were last week

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon51 View Post
                You can rest easy that this is something likely non-cardiac in nature if that all comes back clear. When we were made, the good Lord put a lot of structure near and around the heart that can mimic heart attack. I am hopeful your echo and CT are clear! Did your provider do a risk assessment for you in terms of cardiovascular disease (usually incorporates cholesterol, age, blood pressure, etc)?
                Yes he did. I am only 38 but have a family history of heart issues. That’s why I’m getting everything checked out

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  Anyone every had chest pains brought on by Anxiety and or stress? The last month I’ve been dealing with a sharp pain near my heart region. I’ve had 2 EKGs both came back normal I had Lung x rays which cane back clear too. I had and echo Cardio Graham and CT coronary scan with contrast last week. No results yet. I emailed my dr and got a reply saying the dr will discuss results next week at my appointment ( I guess that’s a good thing ). I do not have the pressure, tingling or numbness associated with heart attack

Up until this pain I was an active runner and cyclist. My blood pressure is 116/70 and my beats per minutes stays in the 50-60 while resting.

I will say the last couple months have been stressful and maybe I am not handling it as good as I thought I was. The only thing I can think of is stress and anxiety. Anyone ever had this feeling ?

I could use some prayers if you all get a second.
                  I've been getting these quite a bit over the last two months, which I know has been stress induced. I'm 38 as well, and I work as a FF/Medic, so I did a full EKG on myself and it was normal. I've also had random abdominal discomfort, sore throat, dizziness, numb tongue, and headaches. Been to the doctor twice and tested for Covid (negative). It's just been a roller coaster for all of us the last 3 months.

Lay off caffeine and alcohol (if you consume those), eat as clean as possible, and try to get a straight forward 7-8 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. Should help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Go see a cardiologist. Period. Heart disease can be hereditary. I don’t care how well you eat and exercise. Believe me I know.

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
                      I've been getting these quite a bit over the last two months, which I know has been stress induced. I'm 38 as well, and I work as a FF/Medic, so I did a full EKG on myself and it was normal. I've also had random abdominal discomfort, sore throat, dizziness, numb tongue, and headaches. Been to the doctor twice and tested for Covid (negative). It's just been a roller coaster for all of us the last 3 months.

Lay off caffeine and alcohol (if you consume those), eat as clean as possible, and try to get a straight forward 7-8 hours of sleep for a couple weeks. Should help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
                      No caffeine for 3 weeks. Been off work for 2 weeks averaging 8-10 hours a night. Eating has been good. This year I started at 277 pounds and 2 week ago I was 223.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        Go see a cardiologist. Period. Heart disease can be hereditary. I don’t care how well you eat and exercise. Believe me I know.
                        That’s who order all the test I’ve been doing. Just waiting on the last 2. My grandfather died of a heart attack, my dad has had 2 strokes and a heart attack and my uncle has weak heart valves. I think I’m in the right place getting every checked out. Better be safe than sorry

Comment

It is scary to have a clean check up and still have chest pain.. Been there..
                          They ran me through it all and couldn't find anything..

Comment

Wife has anxiety attacks and has the exact same symptoms you tak about

Comment

I have anxiety attacks from time to time. Heart beating way to fast etc but no chest pain. I take Lorazapam when I feel one coming on. Lorazapam is the generic of Ativan. Good luck.

Comment

I am not a doctor and won't try to compare to anyone else situation. However, after losing loved ones to cancer and heart issues in my life I encourage to exhaust the tests until you know what issue is.

Prayers you find the answer and it's good news.
                                Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Working...
                                X