• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by large car View Post
    What's wrong with clip ons.
    Its cheatin!!! Like a rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

It is weird that folks think ties are odd to me.

I knew before I got out of high school..........just common stuff for me and my brother!
      I also learned how in junior high, I think, beause I wore it to church. My dad worked in the oil fields but always wore a suit when it was was appropriate.

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      Crazy part about all of this is my wife is a gm with the same company and her sales mangers husband got the job!!!!!! I'm sick to my stomach right now. I pretty much didn't get the job because I am a good old boy who drives a jacked up truck and don't wear a tie enough To make it worst my gm's brother worked for my wife and he sucked so she tried to develop him and he kept dropping the ball on projects! After she kept telling him what he needed to work on he left and moved out of state to work in the division his sister works in. So basically his sister my bosses boss got him a Job in our division in another state. I found out tonight from another manager word for word as they past a jacked up truck that Dave actually thinks he can go see a customer in a silly truck like that Well guess what if I got a $500 dollar a month car package I would be driving a dang Prius to go see those customers
      But as they say it is what it is. They actually didn't even give me a development plan for my position to get to the next level because I'm already way above it. My development plan Is learning how to type better and learning excel, along with wearing a shirt and tie to work more often even though I will have to change into working Man's clothes every day!!!! After 11 years with the company I think it's time for me to be a greeter at bass pro shops! Who's in on the discounts
      Believe it or not, image is VERY important in business, and management probablly thinks that driving a jacked up truck is a sign of lack of maturity. Think about it. Do you ever see older, more mature people driiving jacked up trucks? Nope...just kids that think it's cool. Mature folks realize that jacked up trucks is a foolish way to spend money.
      Last edited by Burnadell; 05-12-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG D View Post
        I can not and cant remember the last time I wore one.
        X2!!!

Comment

Clip on only. Don't need nobody leading me around by a tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Mature folks realize that jacked up trucks is a foolish way to spend money.
            And harder to crawl my portly arthritic body into.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
              I also learned how in junior high, I think, beause I wore it to church. My dad worked in the oil fields but always wore a suit when it was was appropriate.

Believe it or not, image is VERY important in business, and management probablly thinks that driving a jacked up truck is a sign of lack of maturity. Think about it. Do you ever see older, more mature people driiving jacked up trucks? Nope...just kids that think it's cool. Mature folks realize that jacked up trucks is a foolish way to spend money.
              I've told them time and time again that as soon as I got promoted I would get a 4 door sedan. The promotion comes with a car package which would allow me to have 2 vehicles.

Comment

Cause and effect, not effect then cause.

Comment

I am 32 and I can't, lol

Comment

Guilty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may be in the minority but I think knowing how to tie a tie is required knowledge. No different from being able to change a tire. I also think every man should read Dress for Success by John T. Molloy at least once. Some of it isn't applicable in today's era but it is full of good information.

I consider myself a full blooded registered redneck but that doesn't mean you can't dress sharp when it is called for. I also got a good piece of advice right our of engineering school.....Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        I may be in the minority but I think knowing how to tie a tie is required knowledge. No different from being able to change a tire.

Changing a tire is a
                        Useful skill based in necessity. A suit, more importantly, a tie...serves absolutely no utilitarian purpose. As a matter of fact, they are a hindrance to accomplishing any task aside from dressing up. The suit needs to go the way of the top hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have to tie one about once a year and for some reason, I have no problem remembering

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                            I may be in the minority but I think knowing how to tie a tie is required knowledge. No different from being able to change a tire. I also think every man should read Dress for Success by John T. Molloy at least once. Some of it isn't applicable in today's era but it is full of good information.

I consider myself a full blooded registered redneck but that doesn't mean you can't dress sharp when it is called for. I also got a good piece of advice right our of engineering school.....Dress for the job you want, not the one you have.
                            Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by garfish View Post
                              I can...I just choose not to.

Comment

I know how too tie a tie in several different knots. Granted for my job and career its important to know how to tie a tie. That being said I don't wear a tie everyday but when I have important meetings with physicians, clients, state representatives, etc... I will wear one. One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was to dress to your audience. If I'm meeting with people wearing ties I will wear one as well. To me it shows respect and professionalism. This wont apply to every profession but to mine it does

I personally don't mind a tie that much but that's probably because I don't wear one everyday. Plus the wife loves it so if I can score some extra brownie points I'll take it lol

Comment

Working...
                                X