No announcement yet.

Best game cameras for the $?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't take my word as gospel. I searched all over this website and other places and the Browning kept rising to the top, for the money. So far, I'm happy with it. I'm just now getting back in the game camera game. I had a Bushnell years ago that was unstoppable. I had/have scout guards and keep guards that were adequate...and are still running. A DLC Cover just like a Scout Guard...still running. The Covert Black Ops wireless cam is really the one that gave me the most fits. It still runs today but is obsolete for texting. It let water in it the first time out. I dried it on the hood of my truck and it still works today. However, if I go out and it doesn't have a single pic on it I won't be surprised.

Nearly 20 years ago, I made my own trail cameras with film cameras, electrical boxes and a Radio Shack motion sensor. I later made them with Olympus digital cameras and a Pix controller. It is just crazy how far cameras have come!

Let us know which direction you decide to go. There are a lot of good cameras out there and you can spend just about any amount of money on them you'd like.

I just deployed these on a new lease. These range from nearly 10 years old (Scout Guard) to brand new (Browning).

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-03-11 12.56.42 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	24489118

"Digital" home made unit. I wonder how many were made by site members back in the day.

Name:	P1010002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	24489119

35mm Point and shoot model. The thing worked amazingly well.

Name:	camtracker.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	24489120

Name:	camtracker2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	24489121

Comment

lol those 35mm cameras... how many pics you can take on a 35mm?

Comment

I believe up to 36

Comment

Thanks EVERYONE!
          I bought a Browning Strike Recon Force and a 32M memory card for $156.00.
          I'm a member of sportsmansguide & they had their double discount going on.
          Also bought 48 "el cheap" batteries for $13 cause' this camera uses 8.
          Ordered some 38sp and 22mag ammunition.
          A nice "Mr. Butt-smoochamo" hammock for my wife.
          Oh Yeah! Bought another Archangel synthetic stock for a Mosin Nagant for only $119.00. Already have one mounted on one of my 91-30s. They make a big difference in performance. In my opinion. Plus the detachable 10 round magazine in a very nice feature also.
          Bought all this extra stuff for the double discount and because they where going to make me pay $20 S&H anyhow. So I spread S&H out a bit.
          THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
          Barry

Comment

Bought two browning cameras today. Loved the one I had so I bought more.

Comment

I've had great luck with the stealthcams. $99 at sams.

Comment

I've still die hard Moultrie. Been rolling with 8 M-80's and a couple M-880's for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by texaspacker View Post
                  Thanks EVERYONE!
                  I bought a Browning Strike Recon Force and a 32M memory card for $156.00.
                  I'm a member of sportsmansguide & they had their double discount going on.
                  Also bought 48 "el cheap" batteries for $13 cause' this camera uses 8.
                  Ordered some 38sp and 22mag ammunition.
                  A nice "Mr. Butt-smoochamo" hammock for my wife.
                  Oh Yeah! Bought another Archangel synthetic stock for a Mosin Nagant for only $119.00. Already have one mounted on one of my 91-30s. They make a big difference in performance. In my opinion. Plus the detachable 10 round magazine in a very nice feature also.
                  Bought all this extra stuff for the double discount and because they where going to make me pay $20 S&H anyhow. So I spread S&H out a bit.
                  THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!
                  Barry
                  Purchase Lithium batteries and the Browning battery pack ( $29 ) at Cabelas. You will not be sorry. I have two Strike Force cameras with this set up. I put them out last August and they are still on the external batteries.

Comment

Working...
                  X