Fishing World Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fishing World Dallas

Anybody shop there? Is it anything special or is bass pro or academy just as good. Was just wondering if it's worth passing the other stores to check out. Thanks

If you have never been in there its worth the drive. They have a good selection of quality tackle, both fresh and saltwater.

Comment

I would say it is special because it is a small local shop with a young owner who loves fishing and has a lot of knowledge of the sport. It isn't the big box with every product that every brand puts out, but it has everything you need and that is good quality. You can go in and talk shop with them for an hour if you want to learn or had any questions.

They have great customer service as well:
      i.e. If they don't have something in the shop that you like to use, and you want it; they will order it for you.
      Take in broken glasses they will send them in for fixing, etc.

They also have Yetis, Go Pro, other things that you can find at cabelas or bass pro.
      And they are tied in with good guides all around. They can set up trips all around the US and South America

Comment

Where is it at?

Comment

Lover Lane - close to Love Field. on top of everything they have a nice T.V. and Chairs, if there is a game on you can sit and watch. It is truly different

Comment

Place has been there for a long time. Across the street from Celebration Restaurant. It used to cater to the big money from Highland Park.
            Back in the day it was heavy on saltwater tackle. You know, $1000 reels and big rods with pulleys on them

I bought a replacement worm gear for my old Diawa Millionaire level wind there.
            They actually had it in stock.
            Last edited by muzzlebrake; 02-24-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Sounds like a cool place. I will check it out.

Comment

It's been along while since I've been in there. Pretty cool place and worth a trip at least once.

Comment

Never been there but may try it out now!

Comment

Appreciate it guys...gonna try and swing by there today if I get a chance

Comment

If you go by there and it's lunch time try the Celebration. Used to be real good home style cooking on lunch menu. An old long hair 60's hippie named Ed Lowe used to own it.

Comment

If you are in the westoplex also look at Anglers Pro Tackle

great guys and if they don't have it they will get it for you pretty much

Comment

Working...
                        X