• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im gonna have to try this, great idea

Comment

Nice

Comment

looks good, and at 30 dollars you cant beat it!

Comment

shoot im making one of these...great post....great price...

Comment

nicely done!

Comment

I just finished one. I used a different pressure switch also available at Radio Shack but the same idea. Pretty sweet! Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                  yup, goes through the hole i drilled in the endcap, then used a nut
                  When drilling the cap, don't drill into your hand like he did - lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blast-n-cast View Post
                    I just finished one. I used a different pressure switch also available at Radio Shack but the same idea. Pretty sweet! Can't wait to try it out.
                    lets see the pics!

Comment

I used the tact switch. I also used shrink wrap on both ends of the wire to protect and make it a little sturdier. It seemed to really help the end that connects to the switch. To drill out the end cap I wrapped it in a rag and grabbed it with a pair of vice grips. Be careful not to crush it. The pricing was as follows: flash light $19.99 Wallmart, Tact switch (4) pack 3.99 Radio Shack, cell phone charger $7.95 clearance item at Radio Shack, variable solding iron 15-30 watt $10.99 Radio Shack, 5/16 fine thread-24 (4) pack bolts $.68 Lowes As for the 5/16 nut, lock washer, shrink wrap, flat black spray paint, and solder I already had them. Here are a few pics...

Comment

I used the tact switch. I also used shrink wrap on both ends of the wire to protect and make it a little sturdier. It seemed to really help the end that connects to the switch. To drill out the end cap I wrapped it in a rag and grabbed it with a pair of vice grips. Be careful not to crush it. The pricing was as follows: flash light $19.99 Wallmart, Tact switch (4) pack 3.99 Radio Shack, cell phone charger $7.95 clearance item at Radio Shack, variable solding iron 15-30 watt $10.99 Radio Shack, 5/16 fine thread-24 (4) pack bolts $.68 Lowes As for the 5/16 nut, lock washer, shrink wrap, flat black spray paint, and solder I already had them. Here are a few pics...

nice job! i wanted to use that switch and the 2 closest radioshacks were out! i didnt feel like waiting. I will switch it out though. good thinking on the shrink wrap! i need to do that!

Comment

btw, pop some lithiums in it...it made a good difference in mine

Comment

I will try the lithiums. I hope they are worth it for the $9 for (4) Thanks again for the info. Try the shrink wrap out. It really makes a difference. It feels a lot sturdier and gives it a clean look.

Comment

That's pretty neat, i'm going to have to try that!

Comment

I will try the lithiums. I hope they are worth it for the $9 for (4) Thanks again for the info. Try the shrink wrap out. It really makes a difference. It feels a lot sturdier and gives it a clean look.
                                got mine at walmart for $5 for a pack of 4, and they last 4x longer

Comment

Working...
                                X