NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    I don't have problem, per say. It's hard for anything to stand the test of time. A lot has changed in 200+ years. I think we can grow as a nation and be smart about things at present time.

I agree. Now where’s my Abrams tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
      The tesla guy is becoming a lil Kim Jung as he's constantly testing space rockets.

If I hit the $700 million power ball should I be able to purchase a $40million helicopter loaded with 50 cal gunners?

And you wrote "where they are no longer arms...." and that is exactly what we're facing now.

The govt is saying a suppressor (and soon coming) bumpstocks are not "arms" and can be banned outside of the 2nd.

It's a constant power grab rights reduction.

Actually the gov’t does consider a suppressor a firearm. You have to fill out a 4473 to take possession of one from a dealer AFTER you’ve gone through all the other hoops with F1/F4. I believe that alone could be successfully argued in court and won if suppressors were to ever try to be banned.

A slidefire stock is an accessory and could be easily banned even though I think a ban would be pointless and unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The NRA's current position on the bump stock is....."total amazement when approved by the Obama administration, they should be outlawed and confiscated." And the GOP will introduce legislation for this. I want an amendment to the Bill that says its ok to return fire when radical democrats start shooting people from hotel windows.

Comment

Confiscated. Dang.

Comment

Confiscated. Dang.
            Other than being a pure antagonist, what are you referring to?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
              Other than being a pure antagonist, what are you referring to?
              Commenting on the post above me. NRA saying bump stocks to be confiscated. Pretty drastic. Unless is BS.

Comment

Just trying to appease the emotional left.

Comment

....and the emotional right.

Comment

CNN: so much fail in one stupid story.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsMk9ZGseUY"]CNN creates fake news: Demonstrates "bump stock" with grenade launcher and silencer, no bump stock - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I'm surprised they didn't work in a bayonet or put a MAGA hat on the operator.

Comment

I picked up my grenade launcher today at HEB.

Comment

Does a bump stock help rapid fire of grenades?

Comment

My Question

Commenting on the post above me. NRA saying bump stocks to be confiscated. Pretty drastic. Unless is BS.
                            Do you believe the internet should be censored and violent movies/video games banned? They are definitely not a, "need."

Comment

Told y'all it was coming.
                              As part of that hope and change deal you've bought into?

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Nancy Pelosi has now said that "she hopes banning bump fire stocks will start the slippery slope on gun control".

That is their goal people. They don't care about bump fire stocks, they are just the conversation starter. They want your guns.
                              The democrats and the hope and change groups want every gun in America confiscated. When told it will never happen their reply WAS......."that's the same thing they said about same sex marriage."

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                              Yes, they want our guns. All guns. All accessories and magazines. Fortunately, that has proved to be more difficult than they expected. The easiest course of action is not to ban guns. It is to ban ammo and components. If they do that, they are 50% to where they want to be with one vote.
                              The democrats and the hope and change groups want every gun in America confiscated. When told it will never happen their reply WAS......."that's the same thing they said about same sex marriage."

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                              I bet you're grinnin like a little possum eatin ****. Congratulations for being part of the gun grabbing libs
                              Its all part of the hope and change groups doctrine.

It wasn't too long ago we had a federal ban on assault rifles. Everyone's life was fine then, we knew no different. Why now is it such a big deal?
                              We did and we didn't, changes were made to its appearance, but we still had assault weapons.

It was a big deal? Why? You couldn't make a living? You couldn't protect your home? Other?.
                              OTHER, the citizens would not have the tools necessary to repel an evading force/army.

I'm willing to give up a portion of my right to bear arms. No one is suggesting we turn in all our guns.
                              Total BS, that's the only thing the democrats and the the hope and change groups are asking for.

I also believe a lot has changed in 226 years.
                              History will always repeat itself. Romans went progressive, and there went the Romans. They were unable to repel an invading army.

Holler at me when an email kills 58 people. Exaggerating of course.
                              You've been hollered at but have turned a deaf ear. Internet net is used to recruit, train, and direct terror attacks all over the world. Clean the wax out of your ears and take your partisian blinders off.

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              I’m good with it. I mean the military even uses 3 round burst. Why? Because you can’t hit **** when you can’t aim. That’s all the bump stocks do. I see nothing lost by getting rid of them
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Yes and no. I darn sure wouldn't want to engage in a fire fight using a bump fire stock. But it will be a feather in the LWL's anti gun hat giving them momentum going forward with another ban.

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I think there may be two reasons they called on the ATF to review them.
                              1. They could be the Sacrificial lamb
                              2. It will highlight the fact that the obama admin was in office when they were approved
                              I don't believe the NRA is caving to pressure, i believe they have a strategy of some kind.
                              Also, bumpstocks are not a constitutionally protected product. Banning them would not an infringement to the second amendment.
                              The fact that the obama administration is responsible for the bump stock, this needs to be made wildly public.

It was a big deal because it was your right. I see. But really, the federal assault weapon ban wasn't a bid deal. Your safety, way of life, ability to earn a living, I could go on for days, was just fine without those toys.

It's a big deal now because you have been given something and feel theatened by the thought they might take it away.
                              You're talking about our rights to be able to repel an invading army, drug cartel, or terrorist shooting from hotel windows in a gun free zone.

So really only useful for firing into large groups of things. People and hogs I guess?
                              Or returning fire on terrorists shooting from hotel windows.

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              Seriously. The D's aren't even hiding it any more. THEIR PARTY LEADERS ARE SAYING IT IN PRESS CONFERENCES. You would have to be willfully ignorant or just stupid to not see this proposed ban for what it is.
                              You are right, they're not hiding that fact.

I don't have problem, per say. It's hard for anything to stand the test of time. A lot has changed in 200+ years. I think we can grow as a nation and be smart about things at present time.
                              Nothing has changed, there have always been those that want to take away what Americans have, both domestic and foreign.

Originally posted by M16
                              Who woulda thought God himself was gonna chime in.
                              ATF says if you're addicted to marijuana, even god can't buy a gun...

Confiscated. Dang.
                              As stated by Wayne LaPierre on Hannity.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Thumper; 10-08-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Since this was mentioned earlier................it is perfectly legal for a private citizen to own a tank,bomber or aircraft carrier...............carry on.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                                X