Clear All

Land of Oz pays off!! Helluva buck!

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

nice deer

Comment

Congratulations awesome buck anything can happen in the land of the giants!

Comment

awesome congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

What a roller coaster. I’ve officially taken my biggest buck to date!

This morning was supposed to be my last hunt and then I had to head back to work. After the morning hunt, we went back and scanned the area of the first buck I shot at with no sign of buzzards and no stink yet. We got back to the house and I was bummed out. About to be packing my bags and headed back home, out of nowhere, I get the approval of my employer to stay another day to try to get it done.

I honestly didn’t want to. I was bummed out, sick to my stomache about the other buck, and just didn’t want to get back out there. However, I was talked into it. At 4:45, we were headed to the blind which is good for any southerly or easterly wind. We had a SW wind and it was supposed to stay that way. With about an hour of light left, the front started pushing in hard, and the wind quickly shifted from SW to W to NW which was HORRIBLE! We probably had 30 deer in the field and every momma doe was throwing her nose up in the air. We closed all the windows but one, but kept watching the does reactions to what would be our scent crossing their noses.

As we are watching them, we caught movement to our right. It was a buck we could tell, that was headed to the pond for a drink. He was actually trotting. We knew he looked good, but we weren’t sure how good. We simultaneously picked up our binos and at 130 yards, we both said some words I can’t repeat on here! I grabbed my gun and threw it out the only window we had open. Not sure what all the other deer were thinking, but I didn’t care. I was zoned in. Biggest buck I’ve ever had in from of me and the buck fever is relentless. It won’t go away, and I try to keep blocking out the images from the previous hunt. As he was drinking, he was facing us, so I was just waiting on the shot opportunity. Finally, he turned and started out into the field where he stopped just long enough for me to settle in and squeeze the trigger. As he took off, I knew he was hit. He got to about 20 yards from the tree line, stopped, looked around, and fell over!! I have never seen a more beautiful sight!! Man we were pumped!! We gave him a few minutes and finally went down and put our hands on him. We weren’t able to get many good pictures due to the rain, but I’ll have him to look at for a very long time.

Thanks everybody for following along and for the kinda words of encouragement. It helped me keep going!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a 16 1/8” G2!

Comment

Congratulations!!!!

That is a heck of a hunt and a great deer!!!

Comment

Heck of a deer. Congrats for sticking with it and getting it done! You should take your employer to lunch to thank him/her when you get back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Sleepy!!!!

Comment

Congrats- great way to close out a trip!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Kansas and Incoming Fronts will get them on their feet EVERYTIME... Great Buck and Congrats on the harvest..

Now I am SUPER Excited to head to Kansas in November.... Can't get here fast enough....

Comment

Working...
                                X