Trigger spring replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double-O-Dave View Post
    I installed that same JP Spring Kit in my PSA AR-15 (6.8 SPC) rifle. Trigger pull was very nice. The only problem was "click" when you pulled the trigger, instead of "bang". I then tried replacing the stock trigger spring, and left the JP hammer spring in place with no improvement. I got lucky a few weeks ago and purchased a CMC drop-in trigger on sale ($89.99 + tax & shipping was around $96.00). Easy installation, fantastic trigger pull, but haven't had a chance to test fire it yet. Thankfully, the JP Spring kit was cheap, but I wouldn't try them again.

Good luck,

Dave
    Thanks Dave,
    I think I'm going to go with a drop in trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
      Thanks Dave,
      I tried many of these spring modifications and kits. It did nothing to change the roughness of the stock triggers.

Now I use nothing but Geissele triggers and will never go back.

Comment

Look up ALG combat trigger,Geissele family product 80 bucks and it drops in

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
          Look up ALG combat trigger,Geissele family product 80 bucks and it drops in
          thanks catslayer,

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
            Thanks Dave,
            Hi Hoytbowhunter:

FYI - here is a link to the drop-in trigger I just installed into my PSA AR-15:

I think these go on sale frequently. I have a Geissele trigger that came installed on my Colt CRE-18, and the CMC trigger feels as light and breaks as cleanly as the Geissele does. Now if it only pops the primer when I pull the trigger.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Thank you Sir, i'll keep an eye out for a sale.

Comment

Trigger spring replacement

LaRue MBT triggers are GREAT triggers for the money and are on sale for $99. They’re two-stage, which takes some getting used to, but I now prefer it over my 3.5 lb CMC single stage.
                I just wish they would make a Flat trigger now.

LaRue Tactical MBT-2S Trigger by Larue - Details, specs, manuals, images & videos, read the latest reviews or write your own

I would encourage you not to skimp on the trigger. The $100-200 might sting at first, but you won’t regret it once you have a quality trigger. With that being said I would go with LaRue, or a CMC at the lower price range of triggers. Both of these will be better than the Rise, ALG, or modified Mil-Spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Raider4044; 04-20-2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info BTB,
                  I really like to stay with a single-stage tigger, my RPR has the two-stage I really don't care for it as well as all my single-stage Remington rifles. Probably lean more towards the CMC then thanks again for the great information.

Comment

The first AR I built had a mil spec trigger and I hated it. Did the polishing and changed out the springs. It was better but not great. Found a POF trigger on sale at Primary Arms and it changed the whole AR experience.
                    DetailsThis single-stage, non-adjustable, drop-in trigger boasts a solid 4.5-pound pull weight and is pre-assembled in Hardcoat Anodized aluminum housing (complete with rubber urethane feet) for immediate competition, hunting, and tactical applications right out of the box. Carved from American A2 steel. The Trigger, Disconnect, and Hammer are all Nitride Heat-Treated to 70 Rockwell case hardness for ultimate strength and corrosion resistance. Includes custom-fit stainless steel KNS Precision® Gen 2 Anti-walk Pins for both standard AR and POF-USA ambidextrous lower receivers.See More

Nearly all the drop in triggers will be night and day difference. I would hold out for a sale on which ever trigger you choose. They go on sale often.

Comment

Cool deal thanks, will do well definitely hold out for a sale.

Comment

Hi Hoytbowhunter:

FYI - I was able to test fire my AR-15 today with the new CMC trigger. Only 6 shots, but excellent trigger pull. Crisp, no creep, excellent break. I tried to add photos, but I'm not able to do so for some weird reason.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

I have a few drop in triggers on various guns. I like them but still prefer the $89 - 2 stage rock river arms trigger. I have them on my AR10 and AR15.. it's not Geiselle but for the money its awesome for my rifles that bounce around in jeeps and we hop out to chase pigs or whatever.. So..just saying my ARs are not meant to be bench rest rifles and these triggers are perfect for that

Comment

Hi Hoytbowhunter:

FYI - I was able to test fire my AR-15 today with the new CMC trigger. Only 6 shots, but excellent trigger pull. Crisp, no creep, excellent break. I tried to add photos, but I'm not able to do so for some weird reason.

Regards,

Dave
                            Thanks Dave,
                            I'm Keeping an eye out for a good sale, also watch a few videos on it and all had good things to show and say about this trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                              I tried many of these spring modifications and kits. It did nothing to change the roughness of the stock triggers.

Now I use nothing but Geissele triggers and will never go back.
                              Same here. I tried removing one "leg" of the spring and got poor results - misfires, etc. I replaced it with a top-quality spring. Then I used a dremel tool to polish the sear - that little "ledge" that sticks out to a glass-smooth finish. It is REALLY rough in stock form. Just be sure you keep a sharp edge on it, don't "round it off." I put some good gear grease on it.

Then I used that trigger-adjuster screw device and carefully worked that in fully. Result is a trigger that's not a CNC, but is lightyears lighter and crisper than stock. A drop in like the CNC would be great, but for what I use this gun for, I'm fine with it.

One of the best things about it is, as somebody else mentioned, you learn a lot about your trigger when you do all this.

Comment

Hi Hoytbowhunter:

Regards,

Dave

I have 2 AR’s with Timney drop in that I really like but on my most recent AR Pistol build I went with the CMC to save money because the pistol obviously is not a precision shooter like the other rifles.

Well I have been very pleasantly surprised by the CMC, it may be every bit as good of pull as the Timney.

Comment

Working...
                                X