ExxonMobil is still hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Les View Post
    The folks are pilling out of here in droves.....
    If stock gets back up like it was last year there will be alot of people turning in their papers to retire.

Comment

I heard when i was testing that overall they were hiring 200 people, not just operators though, Lab techs, machinist, electricians, etc..

How long after testing do they interview?

Comment

I also took the test and passed ! I'm not sure I'll take the job(if chosen), not sure there's enough money in circulation for me to move back to the Houston area but I will listen. Nobody at the 1pm test left because of time constraints but a few didn't come back after break

Comment

When they asked if anybody couldnt stay for the entire test people got up and left, then after the first break im guessing because of the time to take each part of the test there were more people that left so each table had 1-2 seats empty. Yeah I heard Exxon doesnt pay as much when you start but in the long run I think its a better opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Bradjr82 View Post
            Yeah I heard Exxon doesnt pay as much when you start but in the long run I think its a better opportunity

I may be telling too personal of information but I hired in 11 yrs ago in August of that year, it was my lowest year with pay in the mid 80's and there has not been a year less than 100k since, it just depends on your willingness to work overtime. Their pay scale is a little different as well, you will be paid 8hrs at 1.0 x pay and 4 hrs at 1.5 x pay for a 12 hr shift in process. An off day is 1.7 x pay for hours worked and every 7th day will get you 2.2 x pay for hours worked.

For most people in my unit the average pay for the year is in the 100k - 140k range. If you do not beleive this job is for you then please do not apply, we have had some drag up before they completed their initial training and this leaves someone that tested, qualified and has left their family short of the income.

I am not positive but I beleive the starting pay is in the 20$ - 23$ an hour range and topping out in the 30$ an hour range with some good benefits.

Comment

Yea, Exxons pay is very competitive. I don't work there, but some friends do. It's all in how hard U work.

Comment

So Exxon doesnt care about the experince? My 5 years as an operator will not count?

What are they looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradjr82 View Post
                  So Exxon doesnt care about the experince? My 5 years as an operator will not count?

What are they looking for?
                  Your past job performance will be a help, they have hired everything from Airline stewardess to school teachers so any industrial experience would be a plus.

If you may be interested then don't waste time and apply for what could be a life changing job.

This may not be for everyone but I hired in after working as an electician's apprentice for a few years and then on to a state certified welder before I tested for Exxon, it was the best move I have made and after the first year the loss in pay was recovered.

Comment

Still waiting on my interview

Comment

If you get an interview, would you let them know that I'm waiting for mine too.

Comment

Sure will

Comment

Some people have already been called for interviews

Comment

I wish yall the best of luck, hopefully if enough of yall are hired then I can go back to having bow season off.

Comment

Questions about Exxon Interviews

Hello, I would like to know if anyone can provide me with some information about the interview process with Exxon-Mobil. I will be interviewing with them on October 5th for a process technician job and would appreciate any information on what to expect. Thanks for any information.

Comment

I guess this test is for the Baytown refineries? I hired on with Exxon about a year ago and love it. I work offshore though but can tell you that it is a great company to work for and there are plenty of opportunities once you get your foot in the door. Like Lethal Injection said, there are ALOT of guys that are at or nearing retirement age that are probably going to be getting out pretty soon because. I believe I had 2 interviews before I was actually hired on, and the test just has basic math and reading questions.

Comment

Working...
                                X