No announcement yet.

What’s the best shot you have ever made on a live animal? Bow or Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat out running ‘yote broadside crossing a sendero at 50 yards. .243 Folded and slid like a dove.
    Longest and some luck involved was 413 yards shot on boar right at quiet dusk.
    He fell and a second later you could hear the bullet hit. DRT
    .270 Borrowed rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
      62 yds at a blackbuck with my bow.
      I remember it well

Comment

402 yard pig shot with the trusty Roy (that caliber makes it easy) or the 67 yarder on a walking javi with the bow.

Comment

Coyote at 120yds between the eyes with a 20ga slug.
          Coyote with bow at 84yds walking 10 ringed him.

Comment

A boar hog moving at a fast walk. 165 steps with my STI Perfect 10 10mm. Right in the head. Dropped like a rock.

Comment

I gave a 10 # piglet a frontal labodamy with my 22 magnum, while he was running so fast in the water that he threw up a rooster tail behind him. Probably the best shot I’ve ever made, as it was a reflex shot, like I would shoot a shotgun.

Comment

Every shot I shot that shot something dead.

Comment

63 yards New Mexico mule deer. My one and only mule. Of course I had just missed another buck inside 30yds 4 times.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    Next thing you know you'll be on the news and out of work.
                    I was 16/17 at the time, and there were still quail in ETexas. I probably should have gotten a medal !

Comment

I shot a snake at about 75 yards that was swimming across our pond with open sights on a lever action 30-30. I did miss the first shot and hit it in the second shot. It flew about 5’ out of the water when I hit it.

Comment

Well I guess I'll be "that guy" a lot of the shots sound and have been stated like luck.. if it's a "luck" shot I can't think of a reason why someone should risk wounding an animal, even a hog.. not ethical imo. Best shot should be something you have practiced for and made happen with confidence.. go ahead and tell me how dumb I am and to losses up but that's just my opinion..

Comment

Some people are just full of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                            Considering hunting season is around the corner, let’s hear the best shots you have made, whether it’s because you are that lucky or that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

313 inch bull elk heart shot at 47 yards last year and 150 in 10 point back at 427 yards with my 7mm about 20 years ago.

Comment

Three hogs with four rounds with my 6.5 at about 300 yards. Took the first one to gauge lead and the next three dropped piggies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X