Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody got a source for a cheap(er) deer feeder funnel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody got a source for a cheap(er) deer feeder funnel?

Just looking for a simple funnel for a 55 gallon feeder. See them priced as high as $50, which seems like a lot for not much material.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any leads on getting them any cheaper?

They have moultrie funnels for .99 at academy. They also have the ones that cover the whole bottom for 19.99

Comment

This what you looking for?
      [ATTACH]903268[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]903269[/ATTACH]

Comment

Yes that is exactly what I need, for some reason I couldnt get academy's website to work

Comment

Comment

Cheapest is no funnel at all. Never seen the need for one. I dump each feeder one time each year to get the accumulated dust and bugs out.

Comment

I don’t use funnels in my feeders some are nearly twenty years old no issues yet

Comment

Ultramatic feeders has the nice metal funnels for around 35 bucks, I believe he is a sponsor

Comment

I use these on the feeders that I build.

Comment

Buy one from Amazon, take the rivets out and lay it flat on a piece of paper or cardboard and trace it out for a template. Then get you some galvanized sheet metal and make all you want.

Comment

Whatever you do, do NOT buy those plastic funnels for the inside of the barrel. I had one in a 55 gallon barrel feeder and it melted. The heat and the weight of 300+ pounds of corn caused it to warp and shift in the barrel. Therefore, it would not throw corn. I finally broke down and bought the metal one.

Comment

I prefer no funnel, so if feeder runs out and I show up to hunt at least I can shake the feeder and get it to spin corn couple times till I can get more corn in it. Like a reserve tank.

Comment

Ha, like your thinking Brian. Thanks for the responses, my brother saw my post and picked me up a funnel from S Tx Tripods. Havent seen it yet, but he assures me it is worth the $30 he spent on it.

It is for what I am calling my big bird feeder, want something to drive the feed down to the bottom tray.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I have found that some trash can lids work very well.

Comment

i think bass pro and cabelas has the Boss Buck funnel for $30

i see i was late for the party
                              Last edited by matagordian; 04-11-2018, 07:28 PM. Reason: ..

Comment

Working...
                              X