L&E = 76.7%
    Record Rack 20 =71%
    AntlerMax 20 = 67%
    Red Chain 20 = 65%
    Fehner = 64.7%
    MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
    MG 20% ST = 60.9%
    Red Chain 17 = 60%
    Talked to the feed guy at Angelo Pellets and our Exxtreme Racks 20% he said will test mid 70s TDN. He also went on about how you don't want it much higher due to different things with fats, carbs, something with the rumen and so on. That was all over my head haha. He was great though much like DF&G sent me his number right away to talk about it.

Comment

Something to remember is to ask for the is the "as received" TDN and not dried. The "as received" is what the actual pellet is and the dried can be over 10% more. When I talked to AntlerMax they first gave me the dried vslue..... He seemed suprised when I asked for the "as received" and then reluctantly gave me the number.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
        Something to remember is to ask for the is the "as received" TDN and not dried. The "as received" is what the actual pellet is and the dried can be over 10% more. When I talked to AntlerMax they first gave me the dried vslue..... He seemed suprised when I asked for the "as received" and then reluctantly gave me the number.
        Yep that's not dried. We talked about and he even asked what other feeds I was looking at. He knew where they stacked up already

Comment

Bphillips,
          What number should.i give that feed to add it to the list?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Bphillips,
            What number should.i give that feed to add it to the list?

Shoot I'm not sure he said you won't get a specific number without a certain lab sample. Not every batch is exact and he said mid 70s I'd say 74 and be safe. I bet it's at least that good.

Comment

Double Down = 82.6%
              L&E = 76.7%
              Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
              Record Rack 20 = 71%
              AntlerMax 20 = 67%
              Red Chain 20 = 65%
              Fehner = 64.7%
              MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
              MG 20% ST = 60.9%
              Red Chain 17 = 60%

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Talked to the feed guy at Angelo Pellets and our Exxtreme Racks 20% he said will test mid 70s TDN. He also went on about how you don't want it much higher due to different things with fats, carbs, something with the rumen and so on. That was all over my head haha. He was great though much like DF&G sent me his number right away to talk about it.
                I'd love to hear more about "how you don't want it much more higher"....

Comment

Agree me too!! So maybe 80% is not as good as it sounds?

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                    Angelo Pellets are first class in their customer service. I called in an order the last time I was down and they had it pulled and ready when I arrived. When I got out to the ranch I noticed they loaded the wrong protein tub so I called them. With out any hesitation they asked for my address and delivered the right product along with two free protein blocks. I hunt at least 35 mins from them.

Comment

Double Down = 82.6%
                      L&E = 76.7%
                      Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                      Record Rack 20 = 71%
                      AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                      Red Chain 20 = 65%
                      Fehner = 64.7%
                      MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                      MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                      Red Chain 17 = 60%

Really like your list so we can compare maybe we can plug in the per ton cost for each as well. The Exxtreme Rack 20 runs $360 a ton that's bagged.

Comment

He said to call anytime with questions but some of it was over my head. He made it sound good but I'm not sure why you wouldn't want 100%. Some of its got to be stuff to keep it pelletized I would assume?? I know it's not much powder in our feed so little waste there. Heck I could be off though

He's not just the office guy though he THE feed guy. If you want a custom blend he's the fella that comes to your place to take samples of the native forage so he's gotta know at least a little and dang sure enough to confuse me haha

Comment

Originally posted by RRagan83 View Post
                          Really like your list so we can compare maybe we can plug in the per ton cost for each as well. The Exxtreme Rack 20 runs $360 a ton that's bagged.
                          Agree. Latest prices my buddy sent me

Mg 18% MVP is $375ish

MG 20% ST is $360ish

Comment

Double Down = 82.6%
                            Bee County Co-Op Deer Pellets 17 = 77.8%
                            L&E = 76.7%
                            Exxtreme Racks 20 = 74%
                            Record Rack 20 = 71%
                            AntlerMax 20 = 67%
                            Red Chain 20 = 65%
                            Fehner = 64.7%
                            MG 18% MVP = 64.7%
                            MG 20% ST = 60.9%
                            Red Chain 17 = 60%

Comment

Lab results should be the official number for comparison, not numbers over the phone [emoji6]

Comment

Looking back at my email from him I don't think he meant TDN wasn't important but that the energy numbers were more important to consider. NEg, NEl, and NEm

Comment

Working...
                                X