No announcement yet.

Yildez Shotgun Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love my 12 ga. I bought it from a fellow TBHer last year. I haven’t noticed a difference in the recoil from my other shotguns, but that’s probably because he had put a Limbsaver butt pad on it which I’m sure is the reason. Great gun!

Comment

I have a 12 ga. Like said before they are light, and they kick more than a heavier gun. I use it mainly for skeet, very pleased with it

Comment

I’ve shot my friend’s a couple of times over the years while shooting trap. His was a bit heavier than my Browning, but it’s a great no nonesense gun. It can’t be beat for the price.

Comment

For the money they are good guns. We have some in our 4H club and we usually get about 2 years out of them...roughly 10,000 rounds before ejectors give up, firing pins break, or they just get too loose. Most folks don't shoot 10,000 rounds in their life though. When they crap out we just go buy another one. You can buy a safe load of them for what a higher end gun will run you. I will confirm that they do kick. Our 20's have more felt recoil than a 692 12 gauge.

Comment

I had a 12 that I really liked, kicked pretty good but not bad! I was trying to trade/sell
            My Steiger M3000 to get a 20 ga Yildiz not that long ago!

Comment

I've got a 20 that I really like. I can miss birds with it just as well as I do with a much more expensive shotgun. Lightweight and do kick a little more, but overall a very serviceable gun. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

I have a 12 and 20 gauge that my son and I shoot, no issues with either of them, very good value in my opinion. The recoil was strong but I bought Limbsaver recoil pads for them and that seemed to tame the recoil substantially. If you buy one from Academy ask to see more than one since the wood grain can vary quite a bit between guns.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  Great shotguns imported by Academy. Warranty thru Briley. For the money, a great values.
                  x2!

They are quality shotguns. Fairly light

Comment

The limbsaver pad makes them much more enjoyable to shoot. There was a pic floating around here a couple of years ago of one that blew up, but that is really the only negative thing I have seen on them. Go buy one.

Comment

We have three. One 12 and two 20's. The twelve did pack a wallop. I just added some coins to the inside of the stock and tamed it down. Biggest problem is with the ejectors not working. I believe they may be coated with a lacquer that gets sticky once it gets hot. Cleaned it really good with break cleaner and a brush and haven't had any more problems.

Comment

I have shot several different 20's and they are handy little guns. Light aluminum receivers make recoil an issue, but they are awesome for the price.

Comment

I have a 20. My wife is a way better shot with it, so I never shoot it. Maybe my wife has a 20. Haha

Comment

Thanks all!! Talking to my two other son's to get our Military Hero one! Now, O/U or a semi is the ? Really appreciated the responses and a 1st...no Brand or Cost bashing... lol!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                              Thanks all!! Talking to my two other son's to get our Military Hero one! Now, O/U or a semi is the ? Really appreciated the responses and a 1st...no Brand or Cost bashing... lol!
                              They are junk Turkish made everyone knows if it’s not a 1500$ shotgun it won’t pattern properly.

Jk I have a 12 gauge yildiz and love it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                                They are junk Turkish made everyone knows if it’s not a 1500$ shotgun it won’t pattern properly.

Jk I have a 12 gauge yildiz and love it.
                                LOl.....you just could not resist? I know, in jest!

Comment

Working...
                                X