Yildez Shotgun Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yildez Shotgun Opinions?

Would appreciate only those who own one or have shot them please?

I believe they are made in Turkey, correct me if I'm wrong.

Just wondering the build and if your experience has been good or bad and why? If you don't have "hand's on" then please refrain from bashing just based on price and manufacturer.

Yep, had the Brownings and other brands over the years but not in the budget these days so looking for something for my deployed son who is building his collection when he finally gets home.

Kuma

I have 2 that are practically like new, a 12 and a 20 gauge. I bought them second hand and have only fired the 20 a few times. I believe that they are a very good value for the money, but that’s mostly based on the opinions of others with much more experience than me.

I bought these mostly out of curiosity and I will likely sell them both, since I have a few other high end shotguns.

Comment

I have 3 of them, two 12's and a 20. I bought the 20 in 2005 and have dove hunted mostly with it. My son shot 4h clays with his. The only problem I've had is periodically a shell will swell a bit in one of the chambers on my 12. But, if they still sold the 28ga with 28" barrels I'd have one of those too.

Comment

I have the 28 gauge version of the over/under. Great little guns for the money. Very lightweight which could be a problem in the 12 gauge with recoil. No issues with the 28 gauge though.

Comment

I've had a 20 gauge youth model for several years and shoot it quite a bit (several hundred rounds a year). So far, no complaints. I'd buy another one.

Comment

Great shotguns imported by Academy. Warranty thru Briley. For the money, a great values.

Comment

I shoot my 12. three or four times a week during dove season. Its on it's 5th year now with no issues. Does kick pretty good though but it's a great gun for the money.

Comment

My boys competed in 4-H shotgun with Yildez 20g over/under for 2 years. I have no idea how many thousand rounds are through each gun but they both still run perfect. My oldest son usually grabs is $400 Yildez to dove and quail hunt instead of his $1400 Beretta.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  Great shotguns imported by Academy. Warranty thru Briley. For the money, a great values.
                  ^

I love my 20 ga. Great gun.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by HoustonHunter; 04-12-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

It’s a cock slayer, too.
                    Attached Files

Comment

They kick.... besides that awesome guns.

Comment

I have a 20 gauge that I used for years dove hunting, never had any problems and killed hundreds of dove with it. I then bought my two sons 20 gauge for Christmas, they have used them for years also. They are worth it in my opinion. I got a beretta and now use it and use the gilded for back up. Go for it

Comment

Several of us took the leap and bought the 28ga o/u. We all really like it. I kill just as many birds with my 28 as I did with a 12 and enjoy the soft kick. Not a hiccup yet in any of ours.

Comment

I have one in 28 gauge, and it has become the only gun I use for wing shooting. I use it on everything except geese. For the price you pay for one, if you're like I am, it should pay for itself pretty quickly. Fit and finish may not be the absolute greatest, but they function exceptionally well and shoot where I point. I know several other people that own yildiz shotguns, and the only complaint I've heard is that the 20 gauge has a little more recoil than most folks enjoy.

Comment

I've been shopping around for my son a shotgun as well. He's younger (11). He really liked the Yildez shotguns you mentioned. He liked the way they looked more than some of the other shotguns. I had never really heard of them before (although I'm not a big time gun guy so that's not saying a lot). It's good to see a thread on here to get honest real world experiences. Online reviews seemed to mention recoil being "heavy". That was my only concern for him being younger.

Guess I'll buy him one today or tomorrow and give it a whirl. I'll let you know how it does.

Comment

Working...
                              X