Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people can't tie a tie.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    I'd lay 9 to 1 odds that all you sob's that can not tie a tie would be able to tie a loop knot in a matter of seconds in a 30mph wind in 3' seas and probably never look down.

Lol! I’ve tied many of crew boats off. I cut my teeth with Valstar in West Cameron and then BP.

My dad was on:

Bullwinkle
    Thunder Horse
    Mars
    petronius

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 02-13-2018, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Nope. I don’t wear ties......... for any reason. So no need to learn. IF I ever have to then I guess I’ll learn but in 35 years I wore one once I was a teenager. And when mom says wear the tie. It’s yes ma’am

Comment

You kidding me? Went to a private academy for Grammar school and a all Boys High school.
        The Nuns or the Brothers were having NONE of you looking sloppy and not knowing how to tie a tie. I'm doing it for my kids now and ones a cop!

Comment

Im no good at it. Ive worn 3 tie's in 26 years. Thats 3 times too many for my likes.

Comment

I taught myself how to in college before going on job interviews. I wear them so infrequently now that I normally have to look up the steps each time. I do have a hanger full of ties from when I wore them a few times a month.

Comment

My dad taught me when I was a kid. I had to wear one to Church. Still wear one once in a while.

Comment

I can, just not very good at it

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Changing a tire is a
                  Useful skill based in necessity. A suit, more importantly, a tie...serves absolutely no utilitarian purpose. As a matter of fact, they are a hindrance to accomplishing any task aside from dressing up. The suit needs to go the way of the top hat.

Amen. He sees more than he doth know! I wear a suit and tie Monday through at least Thursday and am still waiting for the paradigm shift away from it! In fact, I did change a tire while sporting a tie just yesterday (left coat in truck as I figured no formal attire was required for the task). Nailed a piece of angle iron at 75 mph. No Dukes of Hazard celerity due to the pitiful factory jack, tie blowing in my face on I-35 and the fact that the tire was so jacked the tread had to be bulled back in place to get it off as it was hanging up on the back. In short, a tie can be a slight impediment to changing a tire. Much larger impediment if throwing tongs etc. in the oilfield.
                  Attached Files

Comment

i HAVE TO USE YOUTUBE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

Comment

Can count on both hands the times I have worn a suit! No need!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                        Nope

I cannot tie one, never cared to learn. I own two, for special occasions. One was my great grandfathers tie (he only owned one) and the other I got in high school.

I do not trust anyone that wears a tie to work: nothing good ever comes from dealing with them. Lawyer, salesman, banker, etc.
                        Because those are the only professionals that wear ties...? I really hope you are being sarcastic here.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post

Haaaa! I largely agree (and look forward to wearing denim more frequently one of these days).

Comment

I can tie one in my sleep, however I choose not too. I had to wear one 5 days a a week for several years. Thank god that has expired!

Comment

this guy here.....But I don't wear them except in weddings I been in

Comment

Working...
                                X