New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took off Sunday...

but went on Saturday. It was supposed to be a full body day, but time constraints and too many people jockeying for the same equipment made that difficult. I wound up doing chest, back and abs.

Today was squats and quads and shoulders. Spent more time on shoulders due to the campers on the squat racks. Lateral raises, incline front raises, upright rows, rear delt cable pulls, incline situps, hanging leg raises, squats and leg extensions.

Tomorrow may be chest and back day. We shall see.

Comment

Well I tweeted my back at the end of last week. I was hoping I'd be good today but I'm still hurting so I skipped this morning. I won't tomorrow no matter what. I hate missing days.

Comment

Chest today. 2 more weeks left in this program.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting absolutely screwed over by the fitness organization at the gym.

First trainer cancled inside 24 hours 3 times on me and then completely stopped communicating with me. (If I cancel inside 24 hours I lose the session no questions asked). Complained to the manager he said he'd help me find another trainer which I agree to and didn't make a big deal in it.

Next guy last 4 weeks then they canned him.

Manager said lets find another trainer I politely declined and said I've been cancled on almost as many times as I've had full sessions...

Well I signed a contract but figured with being on rate to go through 10 trainers in 6 months and being cancled or stood up on at least 2 outta every 5 times that the god awful service would be taken into account and I could bail.... nope. Was told to get another trainer or screw off (didn't actually say that but close enough) and pay 50% of my remaining bill due (sessions I haven't used yet) and terminate the contract.

First and last time I use any sort of any personal trainer or workout service.

Comment

Man, that sucks! I've never used a trainer, but I've heard horror stories from others. Hope it gets better for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
              Man, that sucks! I've never used a trainer, but I've heard horror stories from others. Hope it gets better for you.

Yep.

I basically made the guy from corporate admit they can provide as crappy of service as they want and unless that location goes outta business or I basically die I'm paying....

Blows my mind it can be that lop sided....

Comment

Any other gyms in your area? I think I'd be looking for a different place to workout once my dues expire.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                  Any other gyms in your area? I think I'd be looking for a different place to workout once my dues expire.

The gym is awesome and not affiliated with the training business. They just rented out a space to them that's in the gym.

Comment

Good luck! Can you bring in an outside trainer?

Comment

I used to be a trainer....

and I had just as many issues with clients not showing up, not calling to reschedule, etc. Sounds like you should get a friend to work out with you. most of the trainers where I work out spend most of, if not all, of the clients time TALKING! Blah blah blah about their bidness deals, family, you name it. AND, they're camped out on the equipment while doing so. Annoying to say the least.

Anywhoooo, today was chest and back. Still 5X5 supersets after flat bench press. Bent over barbell rows/incline dumbbell press, reverse grip bench press/pullups, ab roller, hanging leg raises, weighted crunches. I'm sore now. A good sore.

Tomorrow is prolly gonna be quads, calves and shoulders.

Comment

I used to be a trainer...

Don't know why this posted again.

Comment

Legs today. It was the workout from the first half of the program, but it kicked my butt! I hate weighted step ups with a backwards lunge, and Bulgarian squats!

Comment

Shoulders killed me today

Cardio tomorrow...

But it'll have to be early before work... will be tough to work out that early for just cardio so won't be surprised if I say screw it and lift lol

We shall see

Comment

The best laid plans...

didn't make it today. A full 8 hours of sleep is awesome! I'll hit it tomorrow.

Comment

Bi's and back today

Couldn't get up and just do cardio lol

Might head back in for a 2 a day and do cardio with the lady friend once she's off work

Comment

Working...
                                X