X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is sand bag or something touching the barrel

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
      Mine will do inch and a half groups at 100yds with Remington corelokts.
      Same results with my Rossi in .243 with the Core-Lokts. Very accurate rifle.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

When I was in the custom accuracy work-up business I worked up a load for one of these---and finally got it shooting an inch or so at 100. My key was tinkering with the overall length of the cartridge. Rifle was particular about how far off the lands the bullet started--

Comment

Yes,, my son had one in 243 as this first deer rifle and it has same problem. Issue it barrel is throated so deep... literally over an inch from end of bullet to lands it was impossible to get any better accuracy than 2-3 inch groups at 75 yards. It is what it is, an inexpensive first rifle for short range hunting.

Comment

Had same one, Hornady 55 was great shooter.

Comment

What’s the barrel twist rate? Make sure you are shooting bullets that the barrel will stabilize. I have an old Savage 110 .223 with an 11-1 twist I believe. Won’t shoot anything over 60gr, tried and bullets were tumbling and keyholing every time. Went back to a lower weight bullet and very accurate again.

Comment

Working...
              X