No announcement yet.

Hog Hunting on Ray Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have lately started hog hunting at Lavon Lake. Only gone once so far. I saw some signs but no hogs. It is much closer than Lake Ray Roberts, so that's where I am going to focus my efforts.

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

Comment

mojo, I've been out to Lavon once. We scouted 3 or 4 locations and saw a lot of sign. It was some time ago, there was a lot of water and trails were very plain. Didn't see or hear any pigs, but it was apparent they were there in numbers.

Comment

been huntig on lake lavon for years ,the best areas with the largest numbers of hogs are at the end of bridgefarmer rd and airport drive,there are large numbers of hogs there.if u hand spread corn out there which is the only way u can they will b back .if u go down to the second entrance off of 346 just over the bridge and head in at that location u will c good sign.they like to run the edge of the hardwoods traveling west to east until they get to the big creek.I like to set up in a ground blind off the trails has worked great for me. Another great place is off of 78 at indian creek i have seen the largest numbers out there.You can either hunt them right off the gaspipeline or back in the woods.I have found that they like to stay in those sapling thickets out there until it cools down then they head out looking for food.pipeline is great spot to catch them crossing.heresone from this year
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice Hog. Thanks for the info

Comment

Wow...thanks for the tips. I'm recovering from hand surgery but as soon as I am better I am itching to head out to Lavon again.

Comment

Ray Roberts Hog Hunting

I have been out to Ray Roberts the last two days hog hunting, the hogs are still there for sure. I got within 20 yards of one today; however, missed my shot but a couple of inches. Was pretty disappointed in myself. Oh well, I hopefully will get another chance soon. I'm not willing to disclose the location, put in your time scouting the areas and you will have not problem finding hog tracks trust me! I have only been out there 3 times (1 scouting trip, and 2 hunting trips) On both hunting trips I found hogs bedded up, I got one my first trip but was unable to track it due to it going into the thickest mosquite patch I have ever seen. On today's trip I just simply shot a few inches too high.

Comment

Dane quick question. Ive been out there about 3 times as well, saw a ton of tracks too. Was wondering if you set up a blind or tree stand. I've done both and have had no luck at all. Been at dawn and dusk and still heard and saw nothing. Just wondering. I know there out there. Even saw where they have been bedded up. Were you stalking? Baiting? thanks.

Comment

Never put thought into hunting around that lake but boy does it have some hog sized bass for having a bass tournament every single day lol. The north end looks like it would hold hogs. Very thick up there

Comment

A buddy and I were out here a few weeks ago, saw 4 sows about 30 piglets and a small boar. Wish my bow was tuned in correctly..

Comment

Seen some hog sign on the shoreline a few times up in Buck Ckreek but never an actual hog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackbdwyer View Post
                        Seen some hog sign on the shoreline a few times up in Buck Ckreek but never an actual hog.

Not much you could have done about them if you had seen them. No piggie killing allowed there until January...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone doing any hog hunting here this year?

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I just made an offer on a house in Tioga. Looks like I'll have some hogs to hunt close by

Comment

Hog Hunting on Ray Roberts

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
                              I just made an offer on a house in Tioga. Looks like I'll have some hogs to hunt close by

Good luck on the purchase. I’m down in Aubrey and love this part of the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome pig. What type of license/permits do you need to hunt lake lavon? and is there maps and what not that are easy to see public areas and access.

Comment

Working...
                                X