Potus sotu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
    Quite a few distinct differences not the least of which is It’s the 21st century and this nation, including it’s borders, has been well established for more than 200 years. That was not the case then. The USA, much to the chagrin of many, is a sovereign nation with laws and borders that you can’t just ignore.
    The idea that the USA is not letting people in that want a better life for themselves is Just patently false. We let more people in annually than probably all other nations combined. I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to want to pick and chose who comes here and not just let anyone walk through the door and that’s what’s at stake here.
    My preference would be to shut down all immigration for a period of at least five years, which by the way, pales in comparison to the roughly 30-40 period before jfk when the us had shut down all legal immigration completely.
    The reality is we don’t have a clue who is in our country nor what those people’s desires are not to mention there is no assimilation happening now and I think a little fear would go a long way towards assimilation.
    I believe in america first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I actually agree with you on many points, including America's right to choose who we let into this country. I just get tired of the rhetoric that we need to send all DREAMERers packing in toto when we forget that we are a nation founded of, and built by immigrants.

I personally feel we need to take a hard look at how we confer citizenship upon ppl...I would like to see the numbers of people who we allow to stay here simply because they dropped a kid on US soil, aka anchor babies. If you stopped conferring citizenship to children born of non-U.S. parents simply because they dropped inside our borders you may deter that practice.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      You're gonna ruin his fairy tale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You say that like you know the whole story ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
        I actually agree with you on many points, including America's right to choose who we let into this country. I just get tired of the rhetoric that we need to send all DREAMERers packing in toto when we forget that we are a nation founded of, and built by immigrants.

I personally feel we need to take a hard look at how we confer citizenship upon ppl...I would like to see the numbers of people who we allow to stay here simply because they dropped a kid on US soil, aka anchor babies. If you stopped conferring citizenship to children born of non-U.S. parents simply because they dropped inside our borders you may deter that practice.

The problem with the dreamers isn’t actually the dreamers it’s the chain that they want to bring with them.
        They were interviewing a Mexican girl on Tucker Carlson the other night, she was a dreamer of sorts, she overstayed a tourist visa and she was ****** because she thought trumps plan would create a second class citizen because after the dreamers essentially recv amnesty they won’t have the right to “chain” in their family. So here is a person in our country illegally with the potential to get amnesty, cut in line in front of folks that are trying to do it legally, and she has the audacity to say that they should have the same rights as an american citizen and bring (sponsor) whomever they want once they become citizens. COMPLETE INGRATE!
        Her position is probably representative of most dreamers, so 800,000 really means about 6m when you chain it out.
        I could swallow the amnesty, again like in the 80s (Reagan) but it can’t come with any chains attached, it’s a ticket for ONE only. If you want to help your family get here then take advantage of the opportunity this great nation and the compassionate people allowed you to have and work hard to get them here legally or go back!

Comment

I have attached a link from a Sept 2015 Pew Research Foundation Study.

Let me briefly summarize. The internal US population has remained relatively stable for the past 50 years. A change in immigration policy in 1965 allowed massive increases of immigrants to the country. These immigrants and their 2nd generation offspring basically account for all US population growth for the last 50 years. Without change population continues to significantly increase.

Make your own conclusions about what this does for our social, educational, health care systems, and political systems.

Foreign-born Americans and their descendants have been the main driver of U.S. population growth, as well as of national racial and ethnic change, since

Comment

Man oh man, it sure feels great to feel like an American again. The red, white and runneth strong.

Say it with me now....

GO TRUMP!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JonBoy View Post
              I wholeheartedly disagree. The intent of my OP was simply to lend a different perspective to what we view Americans to be (historically that is)...not to be unpatriotic. I guess anything left of far-right is still left...even if it's actually somewhere in the middle.
              Ahhh ok I got it. Trumps comment on Americans as dreamers..as well as fellow TBH'ers quoting him, both did not include reference to American Indians as a pre-american dreamers so you enlighten us all on right leaning forgotten/purged history. Thanks for helping draw us back into reality.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mGesWbG2Kw"]Idiots React to Trump's State of the Union - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

nice

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    The problem with the dreamers isn’t actually the dreamers it’s the chain that they want to bring with them.
                    They were interviewing a Mexican girl on Tucker Carlson the other night, she was a dreamer of sorts, she overstayed a tourist visa and she was ****** because she thought trumps plan would create a second class citizen because after the dreamers essentially recv amnesty they won’t have the right to “chain” in their family. So here is a person in our country illegally with the potential to get amnesty, cut in line in front of folks that are trying to do it legally, and she has the audacity to say that they should have the same rights as an american citizen and bring (sponsor) whomever they want once they become citizens. COMPLETE INGRATE!
                    Her position is probably representative of most dreamers, so 800,000 really means about 6m when you chain it out.
                    I could swallow the amnesty, again like in the 80s (Reagan) but it can’t come with any chains attached, it’s a ticket for ONE only. If you want to help your family get here then take advantage of the opportunity this great nation and the compassionate people allowed you to have and work hard to get them here legally or go back!

I can't. Complete BS when you let someone here illegally stay. I don't care if it's a baby or child. It's NOT in any way my, yours, or any Americans fault. It's the fault of the kids parents.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I can't. Complete BS when you let someone here illegally stay. I don't care if it's a baby or child. It's NOT in any way my, yours, or any Americans fault. It's the fault of the kids parents.

I agree but we don’t have the stomach or the balls in dc to deport.

Comment

I saw this on a news site and thought I would share.

"Enigmas

(1) Isn't it weird that in America, our flag and our culture offend so many people, but our benefits don't?

(2) How can the federal government ask U.S. citizens to pay back student loans, when illegal aliens are receiving a free education?

(3) Only in America are legal citizens labeled "racists" and "Nazis," but illegal aliens are called "Dreamers”.

(4) Liberals say, "If confiscating all guns saves just one life, it's worth it". Well then, if deporting all illegals saves just one life, wouldn't that be worth it?

(5) I can't quite figure out how you can proudly wave the flag of another country, but consider it punishment to be sent back there.

6) The Constitution: It doesn't need to be rewritten, it needs to be reread.

(7) William F. Buckley said: "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other points of view, and are then shocked and offended when they discover there are other points of view."

(8) Joseph Sobran said: "'Need' now means wanting someone else's money. 'Greed' means wanting to keep your own. 'Compassion' is when a politician arranges the transfer."

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          LoL
                          Black guys in the ghetto didn't wake up one day and learn to make crack.
                          LoL
                          And how many black guys in the ghetto you think can organize tons of cocaine to be flown from South America to south Dallas?

The US govt brought crack to America and flooded the streets with it.
                          I don't know either way about government involvement so i won't argue that statement. I will say after the evidence that is coming out about the corrupt things the democrats did surrounding the election I wouldn't put it past the democrats to do anything so evil.

I want to address the first two statements. Do you know how racist those statements make you? In a few words you stated because of the color of their skin they are incapable of creating a product or organizing a shipment. Who is smart enough to do that? Only white guys? You basically called them idiots based solely on them being black.

A libtard constantly preaches that minorities are inferior and can't do anything on their own without the government and they are called compassionate while a conservative says get off your lazy butt and make something of yourself because I know every human has talents and can be productive regardless of your race or background. Yet we get called the heartless racist. Totally bassackward.

I would offer that what the current libtard political climate is doing to the minority community is an evil form of slavery of its own. I would even say that this current slavery is more evil and cruel than the slavery of 150yrs ago. At least with slavery of old the enslaved knew they were enslaved and knew there was something better and could at least try to escape it or fight it. Even if they failed they knew they were fighting for better and to escape the evil men that held them. They had at least a glimmer of hope to be free.
                          Today's slaves are taught from an early age that they are incapable of succeeding on their own and the very people that claim to be on their side are the ones that tell them they are less than human. Many grow up without even a glimmer of hope of being free from violence and poverty. They don't even know that they are slaves and that the democrat party is their evil master. And all this for a vote so the evil *******s can stay in power.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjjust View Post
                            I don't know either way about government involvement so i won't argue that statement. I will say after the evidence that is coming out about the corrupt things the democrats did surrounding the election I wouldn't put it past the democrats to do anything so evil.

I want to address the first two statements. Do you know how racist those statements make you? In a few words you stated because of the color of their skin they are incapable of creating a product or organizing a shipment. Who is smart enough to do that? Only white guys? You basically called them idiots based solely on them being black.

A libtard constantly preaches that minorities are inferior and can't do anything on their own without the government and they are called compassionate while a conservative says get off your lazy butt and make something of yourself because I know every human has talents and can be productive regardless of your race or background. Yet we get called the heartless racist. Totally bassackward.

I would offer that what the current libtard political climate is doing to the minority community is an evil form of slavery of its own. I would even say that this current slavery is more evil and cruel than the slavery of 150yrs ago. At least with slavery of old the enslaved knew they were enslaved and knew there was something better and could at least try to escape it or fight it. Even if they failed they knew they were fighting for better and to escape the evil men that held them. They had at least a glimmer of hope to be free.
                            Today's slaves are taught from an early age that they are incapable of succeeding on their own and the very people that claim to be on their side are the ones that tell them they are less than human. Many grow up without even a glimmer of hope of being free from violence and poverty. They don't even know that they are slaves and that the democrat party is their evil master. And all this for a vote so the evil *******s can stay in power.
                            VERY well said sir! Just a dang shame you wasted them on such a libtard... he won't get it one bit. But this needs to be shouted from the roof tops and from every mountainside...

Comment

Well said, but it's a lot easier just to put him on your ignore list so you don't have to read his drivel.

Comment

Excellent post

Comment

Working...
                                X