No announcement yet.

Bobcat mount w/Trey Rabbit in Mouth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice, Howard. Incredible keepsake. In 70 years, Trey will be giving this to his grandson and passing down the story.

Comment

Great looking mount. And a awesome story to go with it. Nicely done.

Comment

I was off just a tad on the flat spot I made on the log, I had to shim it so the cat sits up straight.(unlike above pics) I moved it to a new place in my office that looks pretty good.

Thanks all for the kind words. My favorite part is the rabbit and the memory that comes back of that night with my son.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 024.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	23818608

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	23818609

Comment

Looked good Howard.

Comment

Great mount JT. Kris sure does good work!!

Comment

That is nice!

Comment

Those are some Creative Mounts, Thanks for Showing

Comment

Cool story and great idea for the mount!

Comment

Nice mount...and your window trim gave me a great idea!!

Comment

great job

Comment

The mount looke great and the memories of the rabbit will last forever.

Comment

Those rabit pics make a great trophy right there! Cool cat mount too.
                          Glad ya missed the metal on your stand

Comment

I remember the video of him shooting the 410. That look of "do I want to do that again" LOL

Congratulations Howard and Trey, great looking father son trophy mount.

you could bore out the limb so that 1" black pipe would fit in and secure. then run a length up the inside of a wall and elboe out so that the limb looks like its coming out of the wall. ?? sheetrock /spackle/ paint. if you anchor it to a stud, it could be angled from one corner to the other or over a door way.

Comment

Those wheels have already been churning SteveW. I know I could get it up in the corner where I want it, but dont know what the owner of this building would think. I have been here 5 yrs but I only rent this office.

Texas Grown- that was one of the first things I thought of before taking the shot. The way the stand slides into itself it would have screwing it up. I knew the trees in the background and what was beyond the cat was all good but I was trying to get the angle to where I wouldnt mess of the stand- boy was it close

Comment

Originally posted by shankev View Post
                                ...I remember that story...thanks for taking us back a ways...
                                Yep, I definitely remember the story but i zero memory of Trey putting the smack down on a rabbit. Good stuff all the way around!

Comment

Working...
                                X