Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are you willing to pay for trophy whitetail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

**** Smart you are a very intelligent person. And there is no sarcasm in that

Comment

I would not pay the average prices that you see advertised out there.
      There are private ranches out there that don’t do a lot of advertising that offer some great deals.
      This year I shot a 206”, never dreamed I’d ever do that, but I couldn’t pass up the deal. Also on that hunt we shot a 154” and 175”. Both of those were dream deer as well and we paid “working mans prices” for deer of that caliber. Now with being said, that opportunity will probably never come again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
        Surely the market gets flooded with the pen raised deer at some point???
        I keep thinking the same thing

Comment

I would like to shoot a huge buck someday. I suppose if I quit leasing and save up for two or three years I could afford to. But I like the all year outdoors opportunity of a lease. Someday maybe I'll get lucky and kill a nice 150 class buck there.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s such a gamble to pay for a three to five day hunt at 3-5k and potentially not kill something I can’t bring myself to do it. If I was rollin in the dough that might be a different story but alas, I ain’t rollin in the dough.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Good hunters don't pay for trophy deer....they sacrifice and earn trophy deer

Originally posted by hchntr View Post
              There are private ranches out there that don’t do a lot of advertising that offer some great deals.
              This year I shot a 206”, never dreamed I’d ever do that, but I couldn’t pass up the deal. Also on that hunt we shot a 154” and 175”. Both of those were dream deer as well and we paid “working mans prices” for deer of that caliber. Now with being said, that opportunity will probably never come again.

I'd like to know the working mans price for a 206. I'm guessing your work is different than mine

Comment

I wouldn't spend more then a hunting lic. costs. $ 45.00 I believe they are right now, here. It just don't interest me in the least, that if I spend enough I could kill something " big". But seems this is the way " hunting " ( have a real hard time typing in hunting right there, shooting it should be) is headed, sad but true.
                Last edited by critter69; 02-10-2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  Don't confuse higher lease prices with trophy hunting. They're not synonymous.
                  Winner

Comment

Originally posted by hchntr View Post

Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but haven’t you shot some deer at the Droptine with Matt and Corey?

Comment

Hunter recruitment loss is due to several factors. Today's society of increasing snowflakes is one of them. It was once tradition that people hunted and took their kids, and it continued that way up until the mid 70's and early 80's. Now, most kids are more into their electronic devices than the outdoors. Personally, I blame the parents for that...

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                        I see lots of members posting $5,000 and up day hunt buck kills, so that seems to be pretty common.

Leases are very expensive (not saying they're not worth it), so I'm teaching my kids to hunt as much public land as possible. Sure, they'll have to work harder at it, but there are opportunities to hunt out there if inches of antler and bragging rights aren't high priorities.

Those kids will have earned far more bragging rights shooting a 1st year spike on public land than they ever would writing a check for a 200” deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                          Hunter recruitment loss is due to several factors. Today's society of increasing snowflakes is one of them. It was once tradition that people hunted and took their kids, and it continued that way up until the mid 70's and early 80's. Now, most kids are more into their electronic devices than the outdoors. Personally, I blame the parents for that...

The loss of that tradition has as much to do with landowners capitalizing on the hunting value of their property as any other factor. In west Texas, right up into the early 90s, a man could gain access to take his kiddos hunting by a knock on a door and a handshake. Not knocking the landowners, but I’ll also not try to foist blame on parents who couldn’t afford to pay for what had been free (or very nearly so) their whole lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            You lost me at good hunter.
                            Lol!!! That's hilarious

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                              Maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but haven’t you shot some deer at the Droptine with Matt and Corey?

No

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                                Trophy hunting is not the reason for the decline in hunter recruitment
                                I don’t think trophy hunting is the issue but access. There will always be people who can afford trophy hunts and those who can only do public. IMO it is exposure and access, taking outdoor education out of schools mixed with the privitatization of lands leaves less of a chance for people to be exposed to the outdoors.

Comment

Working...
                                X