Menard county hunting updates 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DSDC View Post
    We are neighbors on 2873. Just leaving from ranch now, it was a slow weekend with the moon and tons of acorns on the ground. Still a good time though!
    I am trying to get up there this weekend but I have my daughters softball game Saturday. We are 8 miles to the north up 2873 down the LONG dirt road stretch, near the large microwave tower.

Safe travels, I see a beer around the came fire in the near future.

Comment

We are just before you, 6 miles from 190. I know where Towers are. The beers were not slow at the campfire, lol! We are trying to get back for Youth Weekend. Have to plan around high school football and swim meets!

Comment

We are just before you, 6 miles from 190. I know where Towers are. The beers were not slow at the campfire, lol! We are trying to get back for Youth Weekend. Have to plan around high school football and swim meets!

I know the feeling about trying to work in a trip with our busy schedules, my daughter started softball on Saturday. I’ll inbox you my number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seen 5 deer opening weekend, I am just north of Brady Lake toward Melvin. Gonna wait until it gets cold and the wheat draws them back in.

Comment

Originally posted by tsnksmith View Post
            For the past 5 years I have been on a ranch in the Menard County just North of Fort McKavett up CR 2873. We have a lot of deer and Axis roaming around and typically will see up to 20 animals during a sit. Opening weekend I got there and noticed almost 4" of rain in the gauge and LOTS of (FAT) acorns on the ground. Opening morning wasn't too slow but not likes its normal sits.
            I lease just up the road, after it turns to gravel its maybe a mile down when the road turns left the ranch we hunt is straight ahead

Comment

Originally posted by jusamb82 View Post
              I lease just up the road, after it turns to gravel its maybe a mile down when the road turns left the ranch we hunt is straight ahead
              So that’s y’all mailbox 30 feet in the air?

Comment

If you keep heading North up the road (5 miles), there will be a road to the right (Speck Lane). We are are 2,000 acres on the left after that right.

Comment

Originally posted by tsnksmith View Post
                  So that’s y’all mailbox 30 feet in the air?
                  Yes sir that's it.

Comment

Yes sir that's it.
                    We hunt right across from you.

Comment

Never knew so many tbh brothers hunted that close

Comment

I’m thinking deer camp party

Comment

Same here, hell we from La. The camp fire is always fun!

Comment

I won't be out there again til November 18 thru 25. But if y'all are there then I'll come drink a beer with ya

Comment

We will be there for sure that week as well. We'll have to get to know the neighbors!

Comment

We will be there for sure that week as well. We'll have to get to know the neighbors!
                                Sounds like a plan, I normally there every other week. I am heading up Sunday the 19th thru Thursday. I’ll add it to my calendar for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X