No announcement yet.

Small Claims Court- Anyone been?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a SBO, I never deposit a check under dispute. That was 15 years ago, and I may not know the current laws, but got burned once and learned the lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
      As a SBO, I never deposit a check under dispute. That was 15 years ago, and I may not know the current laws, but got burned once and learned the lesson.
      What is SBO?

Comment

A good threat of a suit may be enough to get your deposit back.

EDIT: Especially if you include the fact that you are going to file for the full amount allowed by law which I believe to be something like 1 and 1/2 of the deposit. I would need to check the code first. Look it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockjock View Post
          A good threat of a suit may be enough to get your deposit back.

EDIT: Especially if you include the fact that you are going to file for the full amount allowed by law which I believe to be something like 1 and 1/2 of the deposit. I would need to check the code first. Look it up.
          It's 3 times and no need to threaten anything just file and have him served is threat enough. He should know the code he's in the business.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
            It's 3 times and no need to threaten anything just file and have him served is threat enough. He should know the code he's in the business.
            I'm going to try to file today. He'll get the message soon enough. I tried calling him four times and he has not responded. My guess is that he'll try to settle after he's served.

Comment

Good luck to you. It is ashame that sorry people such as your LL are out there trying to scre* people out of money.

Comment

Filed yesterday!! Hopefully this gets resolved without having to actually go to court.

Comment

Good luck and did you get the answer you were looking for on the check?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                    Good luck and did you get the answer you were looking for on the check?
                    Not really. I'm going to go ahead and deposit it though....

Comment

Working...
                    X