Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AR/Tacticool Thread of Awesome! (AR Info here!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
    There are people who use Quicken to do a "Firearms Trust" and BATFE is comoing down hard on those people. The best way to do it is through an atty who has exp in writing these particular types of trusts.
    Attorney easier than a LEO!!!!! Yeah Right!! That's like a Glock that never misfires!

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
      Attorney easier than a LEO!!!!! Yeah Right!! That's like a Glock that never misfires!
      Nono, not any easier than an LEO. I'm talking the trust setup by someone using Quicken instead of an attorney doing the trust. Youre going to get fines, confiscated, and jail time with the recent pickup in prosecution in Quickbook Trusts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
        Nono, not any easier than an LEO. I'm talking the trust setup by someone using Quicken instead of an attorney doing the trust. Youre going to get fines, confiscated, and jail time with the recent pickup in prosecution in Quickbook Trusts.
        This!^^^^^^^^^

Is why I do LEO, too many chances to screw up!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          Yep, I'm going to have Sean Cody do mine.
          He did mine. Great guy to deal with.

Comment

My last two suppressors were approved and in my hands 90 days after they cashed the check.

Ive got 6 suppressors waiting on approval now.

Comment

This!^^^^^^^^^

Is why I do LEO, too many chances to screw up!
              His point being that there are plenty of folks who have gone the "cheap" route and set one up using Quickbooks. I don't pretend to know all of the laws and how trustees, beneficiaries, etc...should be set up so I will paying a professional to do it.

Too many restrictions and intrusions into my personal life going the LEO route.

What happens to your suppressors if God forbid something happens to you? In a trust they are protected, not so with LEO sign off.

Comment

His point being that there are plenty of folks who have gone the "cheap" route and set one up using Quickbooks. I don't pretend to know all of the laws and how trustees, beneficiaries, etc...should be set up so I will paying a professional to do it.

What happens to your suppressors if God forbid something happens to you? In a trust they are protected, not so with LEO sign off.
                Exactly, in my trust both my wife and I own the Class 3 items and if something happens to both of us they go to my brother.

Comment

I don't get the intrusion part, no different than getting your CHL.

If you call up to ATF, they will tell you that no matter what once you die, the person in charge of your estate must call in and report your death, the suppressors are left to the estate. Therefore whoever they are left to becomes the owner, no confiscation.

Comment

Nerds, all of ya!

I want one.......

Comment

Starting my first ar build! I've been looking at a yankee hill upper half. Just wanting some input, has anyone used any yankee hill uppers if so what was your experience good bad or indiferent. New to black rifles and i just dont wana buy something i'll regret. Thanks in advance!

Comment

I don't get the intrusion part, no different than getting your CHL.

If you call up to ATF, they will tell you that no matter what once you die, the person in charge of your estate must call in and report your death, the suppressors are left to the estate. Therefore whoever they are left to becomes the owner, no confiscation.
                        So who would be able to legally posses them? You would have to go through the transfer process again would you not?

And that's kinda my point about the personal intrusion; my fingerprints and photos and everything else is on file. Whey do they need it again every single time I purchase an NFA item?

Comment

Originally posted by PROUDTEXAN View Post
                          Starting my first ar build! I've been looking at a yankee hill upper half. Just wanting some input, has anyone used any yankee hill uppers if so what was your experience good bad or indiferent. New to black rifles and i just dont wana buy something i'll regret. Thanks in advance!
                          From what I have read and learned is that YHM is good stuff.....but heavy and bulky. And I think all that realtes to their free float hand rails. I have one and dont mind the weight or the bulkiness.

As far as the upper reciever....there are only a couple of manufacturers and everbody puts their brand on it. I may be wrong.

They have some cool stuff, IMO. But....I aint no expert!
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

I want one.......
                            Bail off in it, hand!

Dont be skeered.
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

So who would be able to legally posses them? You would have to go through the transfer process again would you not?

And that's kinda my point about the personal intrusion; my fingerprints and photos and everything else is on file. Whey do they need it again every single time I purchase an NFA item?
                              To be honest I have no idea why you do it every time, I think it is poor management on their part. Makes no sense at all.

Even if you have a trust it will have to be transferred to someone else eventually. It has to pass ownership once your trust is finito! Same reason corporations can't own weapons...they want someone accountable. Here's the way I see it, trust and legal documents would be subject to question much sooner than reversing a ruling on a Chief Officer's decision.

Comment

To be honest I have no idea why you do it every time, I think it is poor management on their part. Makes no sense at all.

Even if you have a trust it will have to be transferred to someone else eventually. It has to pass ownership once your trust is finito! Same reason corporations can't own weapons...they want someone accountable. Here's the way I see it, trust and legal documents would be subject to question much sooner than reversing a ruling on a Chief Officer's decision.
                                The way I understand it, trustees can be added at any time.

I dunno, I just feel more comfortable with the trust. Tomato/tomato I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X