No announcement yet.

2018-2019 Hill Country Hunting Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went to the lease this weekend. It's getting dry and brown in a hurry. Sure could use some rain.

I pulled my card from my camera and found out my camera is no longer working. So I didn't get any pictures.

Was pig hunting some this weekend and kinda scouting the deer out as well. Had 7 different bucks at the feeder at one time. 2 of the bucks have potential if they finish out like I hope they will. The other bucks were younger.

My son killed a decent size boar Sunday morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180623_073645_1529797145895_001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	24543369

Comment

Also forget to mention on Sunday we saw 11 hen turkeys at the feeder at the same time. Didn't see one poult with them. Kinda surprised me. They weren't there long at all so I'm hoping somehow I just missed seeing the baby turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
        We went to the lease this weekend. It's getting dry and brown in a hurry. Sure could use some rain.

I pulled my card from my camera and found out my camera is no longer working. So I didn't get any pictures.

Was pig hunting some this weekend and kinda scouting the deer out as well. Had 7 different bucks at the feeder at one time. 2 of the bucks have potential if they finish out like I hope they will. The other bucks were younger.

My son killed a decent size boar Sunday morning.
        That is awesome! Glad he had some luck!
        It’s always depressing when you realize your camera hasn’t been working since your last time out.

Comment

We were at our place too. Like everyone dry. Sure was hoping that rain would make it to us, but didn't. Deer are still looking good. Saw some fawns and deer ate about 1000 lbs of protein in 2 weeks. Trying to help those mommas right now. Topped off the waterers and cut some more cedars. Some of the bucks are looking pretty good already.
          Last edited by DUKFVR; 06-25-2018, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Well I haven't been in a couple of weeks, and it looks like it might be several more weeks before I can head out again. Hope everyone's offseason work is going well.

Comment

I'm in Kerrville. I'm low fenced, so take that into consideration. The axis are coming in bigtime. Herds of 60 plus with at least 2-3 over 30 inches are moving through almost daily. This may be a cull season for the whitetail. TOO dang many. Only a couple of what will turn out to be mature bucks coming through. Some of them that were decent size last year dont look like they're going to get any bigger. LOTS of yearlings around.

Comment

No rain, no food, not a good year for horns.

Comment

No rain for at least another 10 days is not looking good

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

At least your bucks are looking great hog hunter! It seems a lot of my mature bucks lost their antlers late and are way behind antler wise. Not good when it’s been as dry as it has been and no end in sight. Oh well, worrying about it won’t change anything!

Comment

We are up in Richland Springs and very fortunate that we dodged a bullet with the recent tornado/hail storm. It is very dry just like most of the Hill Country.

Comment

Anyone else make it out to their lease/ranch this weekend?

Comment

We are just north of Blanco. It is bad dry on our place, we have even managed to miss the little pop up showers that have hit around us. Creeks were dry and vegetation was about burnt up when we fed protein back the first weekend of June. Luckily we have plenty of water troughs all over the place so there is plenty to drink, its just not very pretty right now. We are headed back this weekend for another round of protein. Will probably hold off on cameras until August, just one less month of wear and tear in this sun/heat. Praying for rain!

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
                            We are just north of Blanco. It is bad dry on our place, we have even managed to miss the little pop up showers that have hit around us. Creeks were dry and vegetation was about burnt up when we fed protein back the first weekend of June. Luckily we have plenty of water troughs all over the place so there is plenty to drink, its just not very pretty right now. We are headed back this weekend for another round of protein. Will probably hold off on cameras until August, just one less month of wear and tear in this sun/heat. Praying for rain!
                            Not anymore, yall got some really good rain on Wednesday and again this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                              Not anymore, yall got some really good rain on Wednesday and again this morning.

Man I hope so, we are headed there in the morning. LCRA stations I checked online were only saying half an inch on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Keep missing rain in Coryell Co

Comment

Working...
                                X