The other 13 thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other 13 thread...

He survived deer season and stayed in my area till the end of the month (possibly just until my corn pile ran out) then headed back a few miles away from where he came from originally. I had 100’s of night pics of him.
    He appeared at daylight one more time while i was at work during ML season.
    Maybe I’ll have a chance to hunt him next year.

This appearance was on a south wind as well. Smart guy.

Back at the neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
      He survived deer season and stayed in my area till the end of the month (possibly just until my corn pile ran out) then headed back a few miles away from where he came from originally. I had 100’s of night pics of him.
      He appeared at daylight one more time while i was at work during ML season.
      Maybe I’ll have a chance to hunt him next year.

This appearance was on a south wind as well. Smart guy.

Back at the neighbors.

great deer man!

Comment

Great thread, enjoyed it immensely. Keep the corn fresh and he may drop his antlers close by. Looking forward to seeing his sheds

Comment

Darn!

Comment

I feed year around. Maybe he will come back, but i bet he summers else where.
            As far as sheds the only ones I’ve ever found where in my tractor tires and while blood tracking a deer. East Tx is hard shed hunting!

Comment

I feed year around. Maybe he will come back, but i bet he summers else where.
              As far as sheds the only ones I’ve ever found where in my tractor tires and while blood tracking a deer. East Tx is hard shed hunting!
              You’re not lying about that. I find, maybe, 1 every 4 or 5 years at the lease. Bucks don’t summer on our farm so I never find any there. It’s kinda disappointing.

Comment

Good luck to you. Hope he stays around

Comment

Enjoyed the thread - looking forward to next year

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    You’re not lying about that. I find, maybe, 1 every 4 or 5 years at the lease. Bucks don’t summer on our farm so I never find any there. It’s kinda disappointing.
                    No doubt! i had six bucks shed within a few days. these deer were very local to the spot. I have not found a single one of those twelve horns yet. Drives me nuts. Generally, a couple will drop horns in my food plots but not this year.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      No doubt! i had six bucks shed within a few days. these deer were very local to the spot. I have not found a single one of those twelve horns yet. Drives me nuts. Generally, a couple will drop horns in my food plots but not this year.

My theory is that coyotes smell the blood on the burrs, find them and tote them off. Later rodents finish off what’s left. I have never found a “fresh shed” in east Tx.

Comment

If you feed year around I would consider adding some protein when antler growing time starts.

By the way, where exactly is this place?

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          If you feed year around I would consider adding some protein when antler growing time starts.

By the way, where exactly is this place?

I do both. North Longview, Tryon Rd.

Comment

I do both. North Longview, Tryon Rd.

Got it dialed in!

Comment

The other 13 thread...

Guess who decided to show up to this years corn pile party!?

Some one added a few more points and inches as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              Last edited by Hix; 08-01-2018, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hix View Post
                                guess who decided to show up to this years corn pile party!?

Some one added a few more points and inches as well.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                                who who

Comment

Working...
                                X