Pop up camper must haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop up camper must haves

I need suggestions green screen. I bought a pop up and need to get all the fun stuff to go with it, mini microwave, tv, Heater, coffee pot, cook stuff ect. Y’all camper gurus tell me what do you have and don’t need and need and don’t have lol. I have a 2 kids and the wife and basically want to feel at home when we camp. I need some good ideas and brands/size. Thanks for any input!

Electric skillet
    Folding table

Comment

Take all the stuff you'd bring for a tent camp out. Go camping and make notes of what worked, what did not, and what you wished you would have had.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Comment

A small personal size Keurig goes nice in a camper. https://www.keurig.com/Coffee-Makers...5-Coffee-Maker

Comment

As mentioned above, electric skillet, crock pot, folding table, dust buster rechargeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

An aeropress, cigar and bottle of scotch

Comment

A minimum of 5 space heaters if you want to stay warm

Comment

Electric blankets if you have electricity

Comment

If it doesn’t have an awning, get one. Table cloth for the picnic table, with spring clips. A folding table for cooking outside. Christmas lights and extension cord. A good mat to wipe your feet on. Reflective covers for the pull outs- beds. It will keep the trailer cooler in the summer time. If your camping in the winter, a nice electric heater.

Comment

Gizmos for the bed areas-they go on the outside over the ends that fold out you will also want reflextics to go in the windows.

You can send me a thank you card after you take your family camping in the Texas heat

Now on to the other stuff
                      Big rug for outside

Inline water filter if you plan for on using the sink and if you have an outside shower

Lights to hang from your awning(let the kids pick them out there are some crazy ones out there)

Good marshmallow roasters

Small inflatable pool-we use one for the dogs to lounge in
                      Last edited by perow; 11-15-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Save your money. After one year your wife will demand you sell it and buy a regular rv.
                        Toilet and shower mean a lot.

Comment

I have one drawer that I keep a cheap set of silverware in an organizer, larger knifes, spatula, etc. I bought two of the double drawer Tupperware containers to keep under the larger cabinet for salt, pepper, spices, sugar, coffee, measuring cups, plasticware, dish towels and other things I think I might need but don't want them rolling around. Add all your basics around those including paper towels, plates, bowls, cups and foil. Under my sink I keep dish soap, sponges, a small dish rack to dry dishes, bug spray and other assorted things I may need in that area. Under the other cabinet by the sink I keep pots and pans, cookie sheet and whatever else I can cram in there. In the front cabinet I have a small Tupperware for all the connectors like adapters from 20amp to 30amp plus the water pressure regulator. Flashlights, battery powered small lantern and various other items. I keep a couple of extra extension cords just in case. Small electric heater will warm it up. I keep the beds made including sleeping bags so when I set up everything is already there. Water hoses, pillows, extra blankets all go under the two bench seats at the table. Mine is stored in my garage and if we go camping or evacuate for a hurricane I want to have everything but perishables.

Sorry for the long post. I have had mine for 12 years and I can set up in about 15-20 minutes. That doesn't include unloading bags from the truck but at least we have shelter with A/C or heat.

Comment

I had a pop up for many years and had some amazing times with the family in it. One thing that is very important is that if u have to fold it down with even the slightest bit of moisture on the canvas, set it up when u get home until it dries completely before you store it. If you do that, it will last a very long time. I had a heating element in the roof ac on mine and never needed any other heater. And the ac will keep you plenty cool unless it is mid day in the hot summer with no shade.

Comment

Thanks !!

Comment

Working...
                              X