No announcement yet.

Peep to pin relation???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use #2 and it is how I have always done it and I have killed a lot of animals doing it that way. It is what works for me.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iamntxhunter; 06-25-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

I've always been on setup 1

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

The top picture
        - repeatable on a consistent basis
        - reliable under pressure
        - allows you to focus on the target, which is where you need to focus in archery

Bottom picture
        - not repeatable
        - unreliable results, even when not under pressure
        - changes focus to the peep and sight housing, not the target

Your brain wants to center the 2 round objects - the sight housing and peep in alignment. Your brain can only focus on 1 thing and in archery that one thing should be the target.

I cannot imagine any good reason you would want to try the bottom picture.

Comment

That's why I use a one pin site. It's always centered. I know my distances to our feeders, frontside, under feeder and backside of the pen. So set the middle yardage and shoot a tad low or high when you see where the animal is located.

Comment

That's a long shot! When I used a peep I went with the top pic.

Comment

You should match your peep to your sight housing. May require a smaller peep but that is the perfect set up,

Comment

The one thing that is being overlooked is your anchor. The slower bow are effected by this more also. My experience has been that I set up for the pin most often used to be centered. As you raise or lower the bow, keeping the same anchor point the pin may not be in the two circles will not be centered. to keep them centered you will have to make slight adjustments to your anchor. Most people do it without even noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  The top picture
                  - repeatable on a consistent basis
                  - reliable under pressure
                  - allows you to focus on the target, which is where you need to focus in archery

Bottom picture
                  - not repeatable
                  - unreliable results, even when not under pressure
                  - changes focus to the peep and sight housing, not the target

Your brain wants to center the 2 round objects - the sight housing and peep in alignment. Your brain can only focus on 1 thing and in archery that one thing should be the target.

I cannot imagine any good reason you would want to try the bottom picture.

Comment

Working...
                  X